AE86's in Sweden
09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
AE86's in Sweden
Widar Wrote:
banpei Wrote:
Jan Pedersen Wrote:Oh you swedes! Dont you buy any more of our cars, we are running low our selves! Sad :wink:
Hmmmm, if you still have some hatchbacks to spare I would definetly be happy to bring it to Holland protecting it from those evil swedes. Evil
Hahaha Big Grin

Jan, Us sweden take good care of the cars you leave for rusting... :wink:

Best Regards,
Widar

OH! Then its allright! We dont want any to go to wastSmile

And Mux - I surely wont! Its a keeper Tongue

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AE86's in Sweden]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2004, 08:53 AM
AE86's in Sweden
mux213 Wrote:Banpei, don't you dare get a hatchback nowSmileSmile
Hehe, but you have to admit that buying a hatchback is very, very tempting. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
09-08-2004, 10:11 AM
AE86's in Sweden
Well I was thinking of doing so, getting one imported. But I didn't fancy a RHD and offcourse my new coupe is a good find Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2004, 10:28 AM
AE86's in Sweden
Why RHD? All the hatches in Japan are insanely expensive. They do come packed with JDM goodies but the climate over there isn't much better then here....so they rust..
Guess most of the Danish (LHD) supply consist of rustbuckets as well, but there are more around then you might think.
Switzerland has some undiscovered gems. The luxury car market is so saturated over there that nobody notices a 20 year old toyota. (We definately need to get some Swiss people on the board.
I almost traveled to Porto in Portugal once to collect a mint black special edition hatch (the ones that go for big money in Japan). Sadly the language barier proved to be to much (babelfish has its shortcomings Crying ) I'm sure that there are more beauties to be found there, the climate is excellent certainly when you get away from the sea regions. To bad they have been discovering initialD aswell, lots of young people crashing tailgate first into trees.
Then theres always Greece, but I consider that a bit to much of a travel.

PS The portugese seem to have gotten the weirdest cars of the bunch. LSD as a non standard, some with 4AC engines and even some special editions with ATS classic rims and Bilstein shocks...nice!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
AE86's in Sweden
Hey NoHachi,

Portugal was my first thought aswell, southern regions means little rust. But I couldn't get a hang of someone. Language is a barrier but you need to find someone who speaks english and can help you out. If I hadn't bought edwins car Portugal would have been a serious goal for me.

Greece has a different problem, second hand car taxes are crazy over there, similar to for instance Denmark. It means that cars usually are priced higher so you'll end up paying alot more for the car.

In ireland and england you got some nice cars for sale but they are all RHD and way overpriced thanks to Initial DSmile

In that way initial D is a blessing and a curse. You have to realize that the AE86 was a popular car in Japan way before Initial D came out. In America the car became popular due to drifting blowing over from Japan and the drifting Japanese basically worshipping this car. Initial D just helped put fuel on the fire that was already burning.

In Europa Initial D is still not that big of a hit. So far most people I know looking for an AE are people who've seen japanese drift movies. Only 1 or 2 are looking for the car due to Initial D (me and Art are actually the only people I knowSmile). Also I have noticed that among my BMW drifting friends (BMW E30s seem to be what every drifter in Holland wants, its amazing how few japanese cars you see at a dutch drifting event) Initial D isn't that popular. Its a cartoon, cartoons aren't real, so it sucks! Is the more common fraze among these people it seems.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-08-2004, 01:03 PM
AE86's in Sweden
NoHachi Wrote:Switzerland has some undiscovered gems. The luxury car market is so saturated over there that nobody notices a 20 year old toyota. (We definately need to get some Swiss people on the board.

Ive head that the number of swiss hachies decreasing rather quickly so if you want to import a car now is the time!

mux213 Wrote:Hey NoHachi,
Greece has a different problem, second hand car taxes are crazy over there, similar to for instance Denmark. It means that cars usually are priced higher so you'll end up paying alot more for the car.

Actually the the tax is refunded according to the value of the car in Denmark... But as youve noticed a lot of them er quite rusty Crying

09-08-2004, 01:15 PM
AE86's in Sweden
Jan is it when you export a car? Hmm I didn't know that one. With the EU and all I figure they dont bother.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

09-08-2004, 05:09 PM
AE86's in Sweden
If I was to export my car I would get about one third of the market value back. But as you know that, it might be possible to make a better deal Smile

09-08-2004, 05:13 PM
AE86's in Sweden
Uhm..Jan, what do the Danish consider as the market value of a AE86? Might put some of those nice ex-rallye and GZE cars within my reach. on the other hand..prices seem to have skyrocketed in Denmark aswel..6500 Euro's for a hatch (ok pretty nice one...but WOW 6500!)

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
AE86's in Sweden
I guess that prices for standard car in good condition starts at about 3000 € You can however get one for 1000 and up if you dont mind working on it...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Extreme Festival Of Speed 14-16/7 Västerås, SWEDEN KristianAE86 2 8,097 07-03-2006 10:01 AM
Last Post: nmwisima
  Rallying in Sweden WKD RWD 1 4,074 01-03-2006 09:26 PM
Last Post: WKD RWD
  Extreme Finals Sweden.. pics KristianAE86 1 4,282 09-13-2004 06:49 PM
Last Post: KristianAE86