AE86 met nissan power
05-17-2006, 11:30 AM
AE86 met nissan power
I think it looks nice though. But matt black is not my thing.

NoHachi is right in the fact that the car looks well taken care off, the paint job is personal preference offcourse.

I do think we need to tune down abit on the anti swap attitudeSmile, indeed, if I would have been the owner of this car I wouldn't like the people on the board to much considering I just spend loads of $$$$ getting this car into this shape and swapping an engine in. Lets be honest, we can argue about taste but we can't agrue about the amount of effort this person put into this car.
Sure I rather see him put a nice blacktop in there but this is not a bad choice either. Zax still wants to do a similar swap and let us not forget Ian's brilliant S2000 swapSmile

Still doesn't change the fact that those damn big ends on these engines suck Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
05-17-2006, 11:34 AM
AE86 met nissan power
i'm not against swapping other engines in it, i'm against the CA18DET Tongue

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
05-17-2006, 11:59 AM
AE86 met nissan power
It's not a paintjob, it's the old rattlecan special....you can still see the original colour on the edges of the front panels. Which is fine, delange in belgium has done the same to his car..no point in spending too much money on the paintjob of a car that sees much abuse. I dont much like the matte effect with striping still visible from the rattlecan. I'll give you all something to look at if I can just get my hands on 2 cans of rustoleum paint...then it's roller time for the volvo.

BTW, I bet those big ends will hold out long enough if you dont abuse the engine. What's the exact problem with them anyway? Usually these parts of engines respond badly to high revs, if that's the case you just need to shift the powerband to the safe rpm area (diffrent turbo or whatever).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2006, 12:07 PM
AE86 met nissan power
well, 1 set of bigends on my friends' CA18 went while he was running his engine in, after the previous big end change Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
05-17-2006, 12:13 PM
AE86 met nissan power
Before talking stupid things about CA18DET please read this topics on sxoc

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=198779

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=97737

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=153313

Thank you

btw: every "bearings are made of chocolate" when you run your engine - WITHOUT OIL.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
05-17-2006, 04:36 PM
AE86 met nissan power
I knew you would chime in with some info Zax, didn't know where to find it myself.

And I'm not taking the piss out of anything.. I LIKE the car. Take a good look at it, see where the money that the owner had was spent. The list of mods should be obvious. No it isn't a trailerqueen, but at the moment..of al the cars circulating on the forum, this would stil be the car i would most like to own...that is until the F20C is ready.

By the way, this:
Quote:well, 1 set of bigends on my friends' CA18 went while he was running his engine in, after the previous big end change Smile

Sounds like a problem with the user/mechanic NOT the engine.

Now all we need is TE71etc to chime in with his trademark "Poetsers!".

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
05-17-2006, 06:20 PM
AE86 met nissan power
To put some oil on fire.
Current plan at the moment is: (on my list of wishes)
Engine from my RS13 - ca18det with 333hp@1bar is going to silver AE86 chasis.
RS13 is geting some serious 6 cylinder Race Breed power, if you know what i'm talking about.
White hachi also gets some 6 cylinder power, but Toyota 1JZ-GTE.
Call me crazy. Wave

05-17-2006, 09:21 PM
AE86 met nissan power
I would first build the ca18DET one..That should already be a lot heavier on the nose and put a lot of stress on all parts of the car. Usually that amount of power means a walk through all the weekest links in the car.
I still think that the dream of a high horsepower AE86 is miles from the experience of actually owning one, but would love to hear some stories.

05-18-2006, 03:36 PM
AE86 met nissan power
http://kudosmotorsports.com/uploads/movi...Battle.wmv

Darren's turbo hachi - Prodrift IRL series.

NFW that any 4A-GE powered AE86 could be on pair with the rest of the competition. We are talking about drifting.

05-18-2006, 06:36 PM
AE86 met nissan power
Why not? turbo 4AG can be as crazy as you want it..whether it would be cost effective remains to be seen.

I remember someone in Japan winning some kind of championship with just a mildly tuned 4AGE hachi. But I'm getting old, so my memory might be wrong :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belgische hachi driver met japanse plaat ? MC_JP 2 4,271 09-22-2014 09:03 PM
Last Post: MC_JP
  4agze met w57 koppelingsset gezocht bozu 14 9,763 01-23-2012 07:14 PM
Last Post: m35z
  kapaza:Toyota 4age 1600cc 20v motor met onderdelen/dogbox ditn 5 7,789 01-12-2012 10:33 AM
Last Post: Andrax
  Waarde 20v silvertop met omex 600 series en onderdelen. ditn 9 7,972 09-24-2011 06:29 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Achterruit met rubber te koop Dino86 2 3,856 08-17-2011 01:14 PM
Last Post: Dino86