3d printing eyebrows...
08-02-2021, 10:46 PM
3d printing eyebrows...
Hi folks, has anyone tried scanning and 3d printing the ae86 kouki headlamp trims? Or would anyone know where to get suitable STL files for them???

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
08-03-2021, 08:26 AM
3d printing eyebrows...
Scanning is not as affordable as 3d printing just yet. But it shouldnt be too difficult to model those trims.
I believe the originals actually had metal in them (not sure anymore)?
You would need to print them in ABS if you want them to stay in shape on hot days (also easier to gloss up using acetone vapor).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2021, 07:21 PM
3d printing eyebrows...
Thanks Ivan.... I'll keep looking

08-05-2021, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2021 08:19 PM by bozu.)
3d printing eyebrows...
I’m wanting to get them scanned so I can print them but I haven’t been able to source a pair. So if anyone has a pair they want to lend out let me know.

By the way, scanning small items is affordable. I recently got a headlight scanned as I’m working on a concept headlight intake.

AE86 Levin
08-06-2021, 12:30 AM
3d printing eyebrows...
I know ae86world.net sells them, but they're about £230 a set...

08-06-2021, 09:58 AM
3d printing eyebrows...
I have a pair.. theyre just mounted to my headlights which I will need to dig up first.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
01-19-2022, 06:25 PM
3d printing eyebrows...
We are not the only ones to have come up with this idea. I recently saw a vid of a guy showing off 3d printed eyebrows.
Still not available online, but worth keeping an eye on, see here:
https://tinyurl.com/ae86ddd

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
01-28-2022, 08:16 PM
3d printing eyebrows...
(01-19-2022 06:25 PM)Ivan141 Wrote:  We are not the only ones to have come up with this idea. I recently saw a vid of a guy showing off 3d printed eyebrows.
Still not available online, but worth keeping an eye on, see here:
https://tinyurl.com/ae86ddd
Lol! Yes, I've been following that too!

02-11-2022, 03:11 AM
3d printing eyebrows...
Hi guys! ae86.ddd here. Just registered as everyone on AE86 Europe fb group keep telling me this is where the info is at Smile

I am currently in the process of fine tuning my newly bought 3d printer. First thing once done, is to finalize eyelids. I have the lower one dialed in but only tried it in a 2-part glued together, as my old printer was not big enough.

I plan to print a few extra ones for anyone who might not have a big enough printer to purchase for a good price. For anyone wanting to print them, they are approx 330 mm long.

// Eric
02-11-2022, 09:49 AM
3d printing eyebrows...
Awesome to have you here Eric, and kudos for the work you've made available so far.
If you are open to the idea, perhaps you could partner up with AEU86 and have your models hosted/mirrored on the aeu86.org homepage.
Would make an awesome addition to our technical reference.

I think I'm also not able to print 330mm on my Ender3, but I suppose a 2-part print can be made to look good with ABS/ASA and vapor smoothing.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!