10% faster ?
12-08-2010, 01:45 PM
10% faster ?
"wire up a small amp and some speakers to the knock sensor"
Tip of the month Thumbs up!
I never even considered that !
Just got to modify the water lines to fit the knock sensor back on.

An analogue brain in a digital World
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2010, 09:31 PM
10% faster ?
totta Crolla Wrote:If I can make my '86 10% faster I reckon I can have a good competitive car in my class.

Some have found that Driving School did more good then HP & weight reduction. Respect!
12-11-2010, 02:24 AM
10% faster ?
part of the reason I recommend selling all the old stuff is to get rid of 25 year old wiring @ the same time...

a BIG part of it is the newer stuff is so much more user friendly, the Freedom is legendary, but it seems to require a tuner from Japan Banging head

Another place to get premium return on your old ECUs would be Yahoo Japan.

Concerning ignition maps... I've got one that runs VERY well with 10.75 to 1 CR and 264 type cams....

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 10% faster ?]

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
12-12-2010, 01:28 AM
10% faster ?
My 4age it's running with Megasquirt and alpha-n mode.

@ oldeskewltoy

What's your map % at idle, low acceleration, cruising and WOT? From your table I see very high advance happen to soon, but I'm above 11.3 to 1 CR with 288in/272ex/9mm and never tried to "map" the Megasquirt in MAP mode... (no enough map resolution with AE101 throttle bodies).
01-02-2011, 02:58 PM
10% faster ?
likely to be hard to get but there is a lot of weight in the doors. Some fiberglass ones would help a lot

My website:

S-86.com
01-02-2011, 11:11 PM
10% faster ?
isac Wrote:@ oldeskewltoy

What's your map % at idle, low acceleration, cruising and WOT? From your table I see very high advance happen to soon, .

to directly answer your questions:
MAP @ idle 55-65 depending on load,
MAP low throttle, 30-40, depending on load
MAP @ WOT 90 to 100, depending on load
MAP @ cruising 45-60, depending on load

the ignition map was a collaborative affair - 3 tuners and I had a hand in its construction. The early timing advance was based on a map from a VERY reputable 4AGE experienced race shop....

A bit simple, but the timing is VERY aggressive

My current fuel map is based on the following info....

the above info builds a base map for the system - based on 320CC low ohm injectors, and AFR targets(below)...

here is the actual map.... % are based on the above 3 variables (injector specifics, injector volume, and AFR targets)

The system is still "learning"... and I've had to fiddle with high rpm high vacuum situations, because I have the system NOT fueling when there is no TP angle present... this has caused some stumbling @ high rpm high vacuum (bottom right of fuel map)

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
01-02-2011, 11:45 PM
10% faster ?
"start" values from fuel map look very lean but not critical.
I prefer to start tuning from rich side.

Quote:because I have the system NOT fueling when there is no TP angle present... this has caused some stumbling @ high rpm high vacuum (bottom right of fuel map)

Just a thought, maybe you could remove some advance and increase fuel (richening AFR) in this area to keep walls wet during decelerating and prevent stumbling.
01-03-2011, 02:40 PM
10% faster ?
all sorts of useful info here.
I may have found 1% already, whilst the car handled nicely I have since discovered the caster angles were wildly different each side. 3.2 degrees driver side and over 6 degrees passenger side. It seems the toe angles were adjusted to compensate.
Needless to say it drives even better now Thumbs up!

An analogue brain in a digital World