AE86 Dedicated portal - Would you be interested?
09-10-2014, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2014 09:46 AM by Alex.)
RE: AE86 Dedicated portal - Would you be interested?
I came back from vacation, and great news: there are responses in the thread - community is alive Smile

Just to get clear - this idea wasn't only about AEU86, but the whole online AE86 community, including Irish (ae86irl), Australian (hachiroku.com.au) and US (Club4AG), hachiroku.net.

There is a lot of great information scattered around different forums and there is a good chance it will get lost with time.

Biggest problem with forum threads (projects, guides etc) are images - some are attached (and can be saved, like in AEU86 case) but most of it are uploaded to third party image hosters which delete/lose images over time or fail to survive in general.

So maybe a AE86 dedicated (private) image upload script that is hosted AEU86 server would also be a good idea?

@banpei

1. Well known and valuable info, but it could be better if there where also links to forum threads (not just AEU, but all others) with various solutions (for example; rear brake upgrades/replacement with VW Golf calipers and Primera discs) and numerous sites that have great articles (for example; hachiroku.com.au blog had great guides last year I think)

2. Most of the forums have separated sections for commercial sellers so one part of them could be covered quickly

3. Not really easy to browse or filter - I meant real classifieds system integrated into website. And also scattered around different forums

4. It can be simple and fairly quickly built - Short info about manufacturer and user comments with ratings below

5. Again, it would be better if it's categorized and filtered

6. Categories, unified layout, thumbnails with short info for easier and quicker browsing, etc.

Quote:My question: why do you want to go through all the trouble to build something new if there is already 80% of it available right here?

It's not all on AEU86, there are lots of good sources like other AE86 forums

You (and many others) have done a great contribution to the community over the years, and I believe that there are many more people on the forum who would gladly help if there is an initiative and interesting ideas. BTW - great article on front page by Luis

We all have work and families, so it's not expected of anyone to devote them self to hobby projects, but even an hour of "work" per month would be a good contribution Smile

AEU86 website - I would gladly help, drop me an email: alexATTintraweb.hr

@Bean Bandit

Sure, please contact me on email.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: AE86 Dedicated portal - Would you be interested? - Alex - 09-10-2014 09:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Rota Designs. What would you like? nmwisima 10 14,059 11-11-2013 03:03 PM
Last Post: nmwisima
  I would like to puchase AE86- help RUSTY88 9 8,188 01-08-2013 09:40 PM
Last Post: banpei
  How much did you paid for you TOYOTA AE86??? kennedy8383 11 11,108 09-07-2011 09:16 PM
Last Post: fax0815
  This would be fun totta Crolla 1 4,362 07-21-2011 10:02 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  What would you guys do? Okami 6 6,603 12-25-2010 12:22 PM
Last Post: oldskull