Relevant books and magazines
01-27-2020, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2020 12:53 AM by Power_uP.)
Relevant books and magazines
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a thread to show cool books and magazines that anyone finds. I doubt I'm the only one around here with a collection of reading material. It would be cool if people add to the thread with stuff they find, or items they already have in their collection.

This is a book that I guess most people here already have:
AE86 Owner's Bible:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Relevant books and magazines]

This one is obviously not 86 related, but its an interesting book that is very well written. Its written and extremely well researched by Shin Yoshikawa.
Toyota 2000GT, Kai Art International:

As you can see, its written in English and Japanese. Its also very picture heavy.

The last one I'll post here for now is published by Haynes (yes, that Haynes) in 1986 and I really enjoyed reading it. It gives a good overview of the history of the major Japanese manufacturers and seems (mostly) well researched.
Complete History of the Japanese Car, Marco Ruiz:

Being published in the 80s, the AE86 hadn't become legendary yet, but its good to see a mention in the Toyota section.

While reading this one, I was surprised to find info on the 'Nissan' Soarer, a car that bizarrely uses a lot of Toyota switch gear.

If anyone wants any info on these books, then let me know and I'll tell you what I can.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Relevant books and magazines - Power_uP - 01-27-2020 12:05 AM
RE: Relevant books and magazines - banpei - 01-27-2020, 09:52 AM
RE: Relevant books and magazines - banpei - 02-04-2020, 09:41 PM
RE: Relevant books and magazines - banpei - 04-20-2020, 09:55 PM
RE: Relevant books and magazines - banpei - 04-21-2020, 09:19 PM