|
Mini Cooper S Supercharger
|
|
12-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Post: #7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Mux213, as I said in another thread, keep boost low and compression shouldnt be an issue, especially on the earlier engines as I believe they run a lower compression ratio anyway!
I highly doubt it will tear the block apart. I've seen 240 + hp put through an Austin A series engine (1293cc). Thats got a piddly 3 main bearings and are not exactly a rigid block. It chews up bearings, pistons, camshafts and gearboxes but the guy is yet to ruin a block beyond re-use. A 5 bearing engine will survive it easily I'd expect. As I understand it the 7 rib blocks are a nicety, not a necessity. |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Messages In This Thread |
|
Mini Cooper S Supercharger - The Big Yin - 12-01-2005, 12:02 PM
[] - irishtwincam - 12-01-2005, 12:41 PM
[] - The Big Yin - 12-01-2005, 03:07 PM
[] - Matt Skinner - 12-01-2005, 04:50 PM
[] - Matt Skinner - 12-05-2005 05:11 PM
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| supercharger restrictor | ditn | 21 | 27,805 |
02-15-2013 10:03 PM Last Post: ditn |
|
| Help needed with 4AGZE supercharger | heshan | 5 | 8,190 |
10-31-2012 08:44 AM Last Post: Rick |
|
| Is there anyway to LOCK the supercharger pulley on 4agZe ? | Okami | 6 | 8,503 |
07-06-2012 12:58 PM Last Post: Okami |
|
| 4agze --> SuperCharger will not power up/ Boost | Gtsi-R | 18 | 34,859 |
09-25-2011 09:38 PM Last Post: Okami |
|
| Can you add a blowoff to a supercharger? | heshan | 9 | 11,975 |
08-09-2010 01:00 AM Last Post: heshan |
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



