|
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
|
|
09-12-2026, 09:56 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2026 09:58 PM by Ivan141.)
Post: #686
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
After that last rather spectacular update I'm back to form bringing you boring updates once again.
Since the car has been painted, not much has been achieved. I have started puzzling the door innards and all of the weatherstripping back together slowly. Spent lots of time digging through boxes full of parts that have been sitting in corners for way too long. What ends up coming out is often times discouraging. Lots of pieces with copious amounts of overspray that needs to be cleaned off before it is allowed to go near my painted body. I've also gotten around to cleaning the interior up a bit. It was full of bondo dust from all the prep work, and it needs to be clean before the floor deadening goes in. All this digging around in boxes sometimes comes with suprising and painful discoveries. In 19 years, 3 house moves and 2 car moves stuff gets lost. I cant imagine having thrown anything 86 related away, but I managed to lose: -Cowl trim (bottom of windshield cover) -A pair of good (but blue) door cards -A lot of HVAC stuff (ventilator + ducting) I am sure Im missing even more items that are not on this list but I've been a busy little bee tracking down replacements and trading good money for them. Many thanks to Koen for kindly letting me nose through his parts hoard to help complete my puzzle. I've managed to buy everything on my list apart from 2 duct pieces and found an extra rear window in better nick than my old one too. FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC! |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Gtsi-R red'n black coupé | Gtsi-R | 147 | 181,609 |
02-03-2022 02:43 PM Last Post: Ivan141 |
|
| Red over Black UK Ae86 | RobH69 | 5 | 20,324 |
02-03-2011 02:01 PM Last Post: Bean |
|
| my 1984 red over black corolla gt | davegtcoupe | 3 | 12,711 |
10-12-2010 08:14 PM Last Post: davegtcoupe |
|
| Red panda coupe...rebuilded | vladx_kc | 98 | 129,720 |
07-24-2008 07:08 PM Last Post: robokill |
|
| Red Dragon | islade | 72 | 96,857 |
03-01-2008 04:37 PM Last Post: islade |
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)




