|
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
|
|
04-05-2019, 10:34 PM
Post: #463
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Ivan's coupe [something is afoot]
Forward we must go.. into the unknown (I swear these solvents must be causing brain damage)..
She is back from blasting. Generally speaking I am pleased to find few surprises. A few welds have shown to be ground too thin, 2 spots have little holes where I havent done any repairs, and the few bits of that old fart's work that I had done before I learned to weld myself look like shit after blasting. She's got a nice thick epoxy coat to keep new rust at bay in the meantime. One bad thing: even though I knew I was at risk with the big flat surfaces, I did not strip off enough of the paint and my roof and trunk lids have oil canned due to the amount of heat they put into it. Will need to address those areas with a torch methinks.. get the worst of it back in shape so it wont need gratuitous bucketloads of filler to straighten out. [PS] Why is it so quiet in here.. give us a shout if your reading this! FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC! |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Gtsi-R red'n black coupé | Gtsi-R | 147 | 181,897 |
02-03-2022 02:43 PM Last Post: Ivan141 |
|
| Red over Black UK Ae86 | RobH69 | 5 | 20,372 |
02-03-2011 02:01 PM Last Post: Bean |
|
| my 1984 red over black corolla gt | davegtcoupe | 3 | 12,743 |
10-12-2010 08:14 PM Last Post: davegtcoupe |
|
| Red panda coupe...rebuilded | vladx_kc | 98 | 129,975 |
07-24-2008 07:08 PM Last Post: robokill |
|
| Red Dragon | islade | 72 | 97,088 |
03-01-2008 04:37 PM Last Post: islade |
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)




