Peculiar headlight issue - main beam
10-03-2015, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 01:46 PM by Jezza_hr.)
Post: #1
Peculiar headlight issue - main beam
I seem to have a ververy strange issue. I'm currently running HID lights that have stopped working on main beam. I can hear clicking in the unit but the lights don't change, the main beam indicator doesn't come on on the dash and the lights do flash, so long as the lights aren't on.

Assuming the issue could be with the stalk, I used a spare and there was no change. So my next thought was it could be the control box for the HIDs. I disconnected the HIDs and plugged in my standard bulbs and they only work on main beam and not dipped, so the problem is reversed and the beam indicator light appears on the dash.

My only conclusion right now is the problem could be in the main headlight switch, but I wanted to ask here and see if anyone else had any ideas?
Find all posts by this user


Messages In This Thread
Peculiar headlight issue - main beam - Jezza_hr - 10-03-2015 01:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative source for headlight motors TheRekiker 5 882 08-18-2026 02:32 PM
Last Post: decryphe
  Main battery live totta Crolla 5 1,944 01-09-2026 11:12 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  STL file for the early spec Levin headlight ball joint plastic clip DaLanZhu 2 2,673 04-26-2025 03:24 PM
Last Post: DaLanZhu
  High-beam warning lamp Mylesmck 4 4,646 07-21-2023 07:44 AM
Last Post: banpei
  PWR light issue and no brake fluid after winter storage magpie 10 7,908 05-25-2023 08:09 AM
Last Post: Bean
Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | AEU86 | Return to Top | Return to Content