|
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
|
|
02-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Post: #443
|
|||
|
|||
|
RE: Ivan141's coupe [project rebooted]
Can anyone tell me what thread the rear bumper bolts are for a EU coupe?
I had my rear end out of the rotisserie this weekend in order to trial fit my bumper, and I ran into a problem that I expect to be encountering a lot in the future: I cant find the bolts anywhere. I remember them having very fine pitch thread for bolts that size. Had to make adjustments to both arch corners for them to align with the bumper better, a word of wisdom to anyone welding in new arches: have the bumper in place when positioning them for welding. While fiddling with the bumper fitment I removed the bottom bumper mounts (hanging from the rear pockets), and found that 1 was hiding more iffy repair jobs done by Bert, so I reskinned half of the pocket bottom. Left to do: -Still need to redrill 2 holes in the chassis rails for the rear bumper mount bolts.. got those in the wrong place. -Weld captive nuts in the rear arch corners for the bumper to mount to. -Make a small adjustment to the left bumper bracket to adjust for a 3mm offset of the replaced left rear chassis rail :-( FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC! |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Gtsi-R red'n black coupé | Gtsi-R | 147 | 181,861 |
02-03-2022 02:43 PM Last Post: Ivan141 |
|
| Red over Black UK Ae86 | RobH69 | 5 | 20,368 |
02-03-2011 02:01 PM Last Post: Bean |
|
| my 1984 red over black corolla gt | davegtcoupe | 3 | 12,739 |
10-12-2010 08:14 PM Last Post: davegtcoupe |
|
| Red panda coupe...rebuilded | vladx_kc | 98 | 129,935 |
07-24-2008 07:08 PM Last Post: robokill |
|
| Red Dragon | islade | 72 | 97,057 |
03-01-2008 04:37 PM Last Post: islade |
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)





