|
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
|
|
03-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Post: #407
|
|||
|
|||
|
Keeping at it:
Thought I would get a lot more done today than I did last time, but I was mistaken. Oh well. Spent the better part of 2 hours cleaning up the wheelwell before I could start welding. Damn brown undercoating is very hard to get rid off. Found a severly surface-rusted bit of steel lurking beneath a crunchy bit of undercoating, so I cut it out and patched that up first. After that, I made a start with the front reinforcement, this time added an inner one to start with: ![]() After that, I built the outer using the template I made for the other side. Off course I forgot I added a lip to the other one, so I ended up having to weld one to it afterward. ![]() I also took the time to make 2 internal gussets to really stiffen things up. As you can see they are U-shaped, this is a must because the wiring loom still has to fit through there. ![]() ![]() By this time I was ready to go home, after a failed attempt at making a stiffening piece for the roof to B-pillar section, but I pushed myself to at least do the spotwelding to the door seams. ![]() Next time I'll be trying to retrofit the new gussets to the front reinforcement I built last week, doing some spotwelding around the rear window, left rear side window, and probably a whole lot of cleaning up again, in preparation for it's eventual sandblasting. FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC! |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Gtsi-R red'n black coupé | Gtsi-R | 147 | 181,839 |
02-03-2022 02:43 PM Last Post: Ivan141 |
|
| Red over Black UK Ae86 | RobH69 | 5 | 20,366 |
02-03-2011 02:01 PM Last Post: Bean |
|
| my 1984 red over black corolla gt | davegtcoupe | 3 | 12,737 |
10-12-2010 08:14 PM Last Post: davegtcoupe |
|
| Red panda coupe...rebuilded | vladx_kc | 98 | 129,895 |
07-24-2008 07:08 PM Last Post: robokill |
|
| Red Dragon | islade | 72 | 97,011 |
03-01-2008 04:37 PM Last Post: islade |
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)



![AEU86 AE86 - [Image: AEU86 AE86 - ]](https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ImLnBrxzasQ/UVdVIJW1ecI/AAAAAAAABvA/S4QjYrYj80g/s912/IMG_20130330_154752.jpg)
![AEU86 AE86 - [Image: AEU86 AE86 - ]](https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lfwcgFqdCNA/UVdVDiDMuhI/AAAAAAAABu4/NAod3QvtTmM/s912/IMG_20130330_175757.jpg)
![AEU86 AE86 - [Image: AEU86 AE86 - ]](https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9AftkNlbpFo/UVdVM8CpbfI/AAAAAAAABvI/jhjHXUWocYg/s912/IMG_20130330_175725.jpg)
![AEU86 AE86 - [Image: AEU86 AE86 - ]](https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ratAOFQWhQg/UVdVWpyo6OI/AAAAAAAABvY/TzZaCN5F4dI/s720/IMG_20130330_175734.jpg)
![AEU86 AE86 - [Image: AEU86 AE86 - ]](https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JOv6MfWr1vM/UVdUxJaK51I/AAAAAAAABuY/mHcmtGUgjT4/s912/IMG_20130330_201256.jpg)

