|
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
|
|
10-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Post: #381
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yeah, I'm pretty glad I sold my house when I did or I would have lost alot more money.
As for the acid dip, I'm not 100% sure but the restauration vids I've seen generally acid dip before the welding because the acid dip reveals all the hidden bad spots but often they don't do the coating until after all the welding is done but do some sort of temporary coating. I've even seen one or two that don't do the coating but do the welding first, then a second acid bath and then coating straight after that. If I recall correctly, but its been awhile since I last watched it, that 280Z restauration (MULL?) did the acid dip and some coating before (some really serious) welding, not sure what he did afterwards though. I guess it all depends on how much time you plan to spend on the welding phase and how much budget you're willing to blow. Greetz, Bastiaan "mux213" Olij Moved down under, no more hachi |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Gtsi-R red'n black coupé | Gtsi-R | 147 | 181,609 |
02-03-2022 02:43 PM Last Post: Ivan141 |
|
| Red over Black UK Ae86 | RobH69 | 5 | 20,324 |
02-03-2011 02:01 PM Last Post: Bean |
|
| my 1984 red over black corolla gt | davegtcoupe | 3 | 12,711 |
10-12-2010 08:14 PM Last Post: davegtcoupe |
|
| Red panda coupe...rebuilded | vladx_kc | 98 | 129,720 |
07-24-2008 07:08 PM Last Post: robokill |
|
| Red Dragon | islade | 72 | 96,858 |
03-01-2008 04:37 PM Last Post: islade |
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)



