|
Ivan's coupe: seeing RED
|
|
10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Post: #375
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ah, finally I can reach the forum again.
Here's the latest episode in my painstakingly slow resto: Bashed the front sill seams back in shape and removed the factory jack reinforcement brackets. Turns out there was rust lingering beneath those on both sides, so I patched that up. Penetration (yes yes): Made me some sturdy platforms and welded them in: All in all an easy job to weld, but about 3 hours just to clean those 2 bits of the floorpan (very irregular shapes make for difficult scraping). Just realised I will need to modify the on-board jack, or the jacking points to work with eachother. Otherwise I'm fooked in case of a roadside problem. Thought this little spot could be patched up in an hour: I was wrong. Rust had gotten into the seems apparently, and my old welding geezer had not done a neat job of fixing it up before he welded gussets in. Was a b*tch to get the gussets out, and I ended up with a big old exploratory incision. Where I would least want it with the car in the rotisserie: It'll be patched up in the next garage session I'm sure. FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC! |
|||
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|
| Possibly Related Threads... | |||||
| Thread | Author | Replies | Views | Last Post | |
| Gtsi-R red'n black coupé | Gtsi-R | 147 | 181,683 |
02-03-2022 02:43 PM Last Post: Ivan141 |
|
| Red over Black UK Ae86 | RobH69 | 5 | 20,339 |
02-03-2011 02:01 PM Last Post: Bean |
|
| my 1984 red over black corolla gt | davegtcoupe | 3 | 12,714 |
10-12-2010 08:14 PM Last Post: davegtcoupe |
|
| Red panda coupe...rebuilded | vladx_kc | 98 | 129,766 |
07-24-2008 07:08 PM Last Post: robokill |
|
| Red Dragon | islade | 72 | 96,876 |
03-01-2008 04:37 PM Last Post: islade |
|
User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)




