Short stroke suspension
08-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Post: #5
Re: How short is a piece of string ??
NoHachi Wrote:I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this.. if you lower the
top of the damper (car body) by 40mm. Then lower the top of the shock
body by 40mm, shouldn't you now have the exact same bump stroke as
stock? I know mine does with a very similar setup.

Maybe I'm more than 40mm down ? I know the Espelir springs were rated
40mm down when I bought them. After I installed them I was only about
20mm off the bumpstops before I cut the struts. I'll have a look in my
notes to see how I assessed the bump and rebound travel when I fitted
the AGX inserts. I know I had to cut the bumpstops to get adequate bump
travel.

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, I spent a lot of time trying to set the
front up to function within the total available operating stroke of the AGX
inserts. There is not a lot of working stroke to start with, and cutting the
bumpstops unlocked another 20-25mm. Then I aimed for 60% bump and
40% rebound.

Cheers... jondee86
Find all posts by this user


Messages In This Thread
Short stroke suspension - totta Crolla - 08-25-2012, 06:35 PM
[] - totta Crolla - 08-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Re: How short is a piece of string ?? - jondee86 - 08-27-2012 12:44 AM
[] - jondee86 - 08-27-2012, 03:04 AM
[] - NoHachi - 08-27-2012, 08:21 AM
[] - totta Crolla - 08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
[] - jondee86 - 08-28-2012, 02:58 AM
[] - Lajoosh - 10-11-2012, 08:56 AM
[] - NoHachi - 10-11-2012, 11:45 AM
[] - fax0815 - 10-13-2012, 06:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TRD Short Shifter Rattle Noise, It's Normal? Mattolo 19 28,177 04-27-2024 10:04 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Bilstein short strokes Grant 1 5,642 05-15-2012 07:32 PM
Last Post: NoHachi
  Does anyone know where to buy a short steering hub/boss? krullibull 6 9,233 10-12-2011 10:26 PM
Last Post: krullibull
  Long Stroke Springs - Espelier 40mm Tokico ??? juantonwan 20 24,420 05-11-2010 10:31 PM
Last Post: jondee86
  fc3s front brake conversion, short report speed-inc 18 22,617 10-09-2009 06:32 AM
Last Post: aussiefan
Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | AEU86 | Return to Top | Return to Content