sr20 swap question
07-09-2008, 11:04 PM
sr20 swap question
well i picked up my first car yesterday a 1987 sr5 and i know a 4agze isn't a direct swap as it is a gts direct swap so i was wondering if it would be just as easy to do a sr swap anyone ever done one / both? what was eaier or better? i know here i can get sr parts 4 cheap and a huge selection and cant find any 4ag stuff anywhere and what little i can cost alot more then sr parts...im not ready to do any kind of swap at the moment just asking im gunna do my suspension up and a lil cat back and get my body 100%
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2008, 12:35 AM
sr20 swap question
what do u want to do with the car and are u skiled at driving? u can learn alot more about driving fast from driving a stock car and getting ur lines right and than moving up cuz if u just jump into a fast car u dont need to learn them tell u come up against someone with more skill and a car that may go alot slower but he/she can make it go faster.
07-10-2008, 01:55 AM
sr20 swap question
i said im not gunna do the swap soon i wann get suspension and do little stuff here an there an practice and eventually do a swap
07-10-2008, 08:20 AM
sr20 swap question
ok.. well i have a 84 sr5 and well i have been thinking about puting the 4age in it. it would bolt right up but needs the stuff from a gts like fuel pump and stuff. so than i started to think about just doing the 4age with carbs latter.. but as far as i know the 4agze would bolt right up and i think it would be cheeper and easyer to do than an sr swap but i just only think that from waht i have seen... never did the swap myself tho. im doing the same thing as u but im waiting for my 4ac to die on me befor i swap it out... saving up the $ for the swap than woking on suporting mods first than il do the swap.
07-10-2008, 10:02 AM
sr20 swap question
cool me an u are in the same boat lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4AGZE Swap question for a AE86?? heshan 8 9,865 06-26-2010 11:16 AM
Last Post: ash16valve
  Question: Motor Swap (and others) jdmracer 7 6,136 01-09-2007 02:38 AM
Last Post: cannabolic