selling my beloved mini for ae86 levin
10-23-2006, 12:21 AM
hello people my names dan from kent in england, im selling my 120bhp mini to get a corolla, as ive like the mini loved them for years, but the mini not practical enough, its caged completly striped and only weighs 610kg, it will eat this standard hatchi alive and most other two, but my love for the ae86 has become greater, plus i will make enough money from the mini to buy ae86 and put ca18det in it for starters!!! any advice on this engine transplant would be appreciated!!! and sorry to those purest who will shun me for doing it!!

To live life to the full
Find all posts by this user
10-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi, welcome...
Good luck with getting a good price for your mini, it sounds like a riot..and dont forget that "practical" can also mean being able to park in small places and drive through narrow spaces.
With AE86 prices being what they are now in the UK, why settle on such an old engine? Just invest some extra money and get a more modern, lighter engine..it will make it more bearable that you are ripping the original hart out.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
10-23-2006, 02:19 PM
wuf... ca18det... You are going straight to the high level... Good luck man...

SNO-MO-BIRU project started- CHIRO
10-24-2006, 12:08 AM
just agreed on an 86 levin with 54000 miles on clock in absolute mint condition on outside!! not a single piece of rust, scabby jap interior leaves something to be said, but hey i can change that any day!!!! pick up in 10days to 2 weeks!! oh got adjustable trd coilovers and adjustable top hats!!! in panda colours!!! Hurray! still think ca engine to use without have to cut to much about!!!

To live life to the full
10-24-2006, 12:24 AM
You are going to cut up a 54k miles mint car ? Crying

Damn, leave the cut up cars to the non minters please, there aint to many mint cars around anymore to speak off.... Crying

Awell its your car to do with what you please I guess, but it does seem a bit of a waiste to me.... Plenty of cars round that could use a good project treatment but thats just my opinion Big Grin I'm sure you'll turn her into a fine ride Thumbs up!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-24-2006, 11:49 PM
im sorry to upset some people but i will leave car as standard to the eye as poss, an ca lump hopefully will not require to much cutting of car unlike sr20 conversion, it will have full interior and not stripped out!!

To live life to the full
10-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Hehe, no real upsetting done methinks, just a tiny bit sad to see a minter used as a project car. But at the same time, can't blame you for the choice either Big Grin

In the end, its the end result that counts and I can respect a person putting good work into a car even if it turns out to have a nissan engine in there. Just hope there will be enough mint original cars left in the endBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
as with me and my mini i would love to have a factory finish original ae86 and mk1 mini cooper 's ' but money has a deciding factor on that but hey, maybe one day when im rich i will restore every corolla a see to mint condition!! Smile

To live life to the full
10-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Owh I know that feeling, cheers to winning the lottery!

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij