rear tail light relay
10-23-2008, 05:39 AM
rear tail light relay
anybody got an idea where the relay for the rear headlights is,i can hear the front headlights relay energising when i turn the light switch on but am not sure how to remove the box it is in to see if the rear relay is in there too.any idea how many srews/bolts hold this box in place just above the fuse box at the drivers side
Find all posts by this user
10-25-2008, 01:44 PM
rear tail light relay
ok guys,any one ever come accross this problem before,when i turn on the lights the front light up but the back do not,any help or ideas???
10-25-2008, 03:46 PM
rear tail light relay
The taillight relay is switched by the light switch, current then goes through the tail fuse, after which it powers the taillights, as well as the license plate lights and most of the lighting on the dash.
The taillight relay is situated somewhere under the dashboard, probably on the driversside, but I cant be sure because the manual depicts a rhd car.

My advice -> check the TAIL fuse, and measure the voltage going to it with the lights switched on. If there is no voltage on either terminal with the lights on, then the relay is not working.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
rear tail light relay
the tailplate lights are actually working.ive checked ive no power at the tailights though,id say its the relay alrite but its in that god damn box up high under the dash
10-28-2008, 03:16 PM
rear tail light relay
What I'm trying to tell you: If you get power on the TAIL relay (and thus, power to the tailplate lights), then the relay must be working. Have you actually checked for power at the tails or are you assuming there isnt any because they dont work? Just to rule out any grounding problem.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-28-2008, 07:40 PM
rear tail light relay
ya i checked with a multimeter there is no power at the rear lights and im also getting a warning on the dash,REAR LIGHTS in orange.you reackon the relay is ok so if the tailplate lights are on
thanks for the help by the way
10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
rear tail light relay
Have you checked for voltage at the tail fuse already? It would be pretty weird if there wasnt any, but at least you will be sure about the relay.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-06-2008, 01:53 AM
rear tail light relay
unbelievable,checked tail fuse and voltage present,followed connection to connector block,two pins on top row send 12v one pin serving each light,the 12v is leaving the block but not reaching the tail lights,im thinking cable must be damaged,checked cable and cannot find any damage whatsoever so ran a new cable from connector block to each light and bingo but i still have that god damn light on dash saying check rear lights,auto spark is next stop
11-06-2008, 09:15 PM
rear tail light relay
Wasnt aware that a warning light for the rears even existed.. cant find anything about it in any wiring diagram..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-10-2008, 11:34 PM
rear tail light relay
this warning light was always illumiated when i has the short in my tails lights but no it only comes on when i press the brake pedal,im thinking i will rewire the brake lights also.i thought about just taking out the bulb but that would annoy the hell out of me knowing somthing is wrong everytime i press the brake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tail light wiring... Mylesmck 4 283 02-02-2024 12:36 PM
Last Post: Mylesmck
  Rear ae86 rear discs & pad part numbers? J-86 4 5,354 11-30-2012 06:32 PM
Last Post: J-86
  Adjustable Rear trailing arm/rear 4 links? lolali 1 4,435 10-03-2009 05:17 PM
Last Post: lolali
  rear brakes and rear axle questions fastsaab 5 5,654 11-19-2008 05:28 AM
Last Post: Chrisso
  Fuel pump and starter on the same relay Max_toy 4 5,224 09-03-2008 07:10 AM