new norwegian here!
11-03-2004, 04:20 AM
new norwegian here!
Hi I am a 17year old Norwegian! havent got a AE86 yet, but will probably import one directly from Japan in a few(2-6)years. My dream will be a Trueno! Cool Still I love this car, for it's ambitions and character the most....
when I get my Trueno I will probably not use it as my daily driver, but still use it every chance I get. As long as it is only me, or me and my girlfriend on smal trips this car is perfect.

well anyway, nice too meet you all. and happy drifting Thumbs up!
Find all posts by this user
11-03-2004, 10:20 AM
new norwegian here!
Welcome! Smile
Another scandinavian country present, only Finland to go. Wink

BTW: You realize that if you import your car from Japan the steeringwheel will be on the wrong side of the car?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - new norwegian here!]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2004, 10:41 AM
new norwegian here!
Another one :-) people whatch to much Initial D

Trueno is hard to get and you have to pay alot of money for it

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
11-03-2004, 03:07 PM
new norwegian here!
I know all of this......... I have been doing reaserch on this for quite some time now, and I will have to pay about $15500 to get a "grade 4" Trueno into norway.
11-03-2004, 03:13 PM
new norwegian here!
HOLY CRAP, $15500???? Man if I had $15500 I would get my car, have it taken appart, sandblasted, galvanised, painted, put back together, put a GZE in it, get the nicest rimms I can find, upgrade the suspention to coilover all round with fully adjustable shocks, have this all done by a profesional, and still have money left over.

Are you serious about this?

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-03-2004, 03:14 PM
new norwegian here!
mux213 Wrote:HOLY CRAP, $15500???? Man if I had $15500 I would get my car, have it taken appart, sandblasted, galvanised, painted, put back together, put a GZE in it, get the nicest rimms I can find, upgrade the suspention to coilover all round with fully adjustable shocks, have this all done by a profesional, and still have money left over.

Are you serious about this?
Even better: for that amount of money you can build up a complete trueno from scratch. Huh

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - new norwegian here!]
11-03-2004, 03:17 PM
new norwegian here!
You haven't even driven the car. Do you even have a drivers licence? Man for that amount of cash I would buy another car. FD or an EVO probably.
11-03-2004, 03:34 PM
new norwegian here!
Welcome on board. Good luck with your wishes.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
11-03-2004, 03:35 PM
new norwegian here!
I don't want a FD or a bloody EVO! I want a trueno, and I don't want it for its exeptional driving abilites compared to the EVO or any other to tuned modern racer. I want it because it is a Trueno, the affordable "racer" from the mid 80's japan! I love that car for what it is not for what it could ahve been if some jackass got an unlimited budget and a factory today.

I must inform you that 1/3 of that amount is only taxes to bring the car into Norway. It is very expensive to get a car here in norway, so if I would want to get a ok VW Golf from 1996 I would anyway have to pay up that amount. also that trueno will for that prize have run less then 50.000km. ANd have no major rust or faults. A small scratch might occur, but not somthing that I can fix myself.
I am not only bying a car, I am buying an attitude, a pice of history, someones idea and ambition, someones dream. I am melting my own ideas and ambitions into this and making myself a companion for life.
11-03-2004, 03:44 PM
new norwegian here!
s.bjelke,

So do many of us, we want this car because we want this car, we specifically search for a hachiroku. There is nothing wrong with that, other then the fact that a hachi roku with 50k km and no rust, probably doesn't exist anywhere on the planet especially if you are only looking for trueno hatchbacks. Only if someone has stripped the car and build it up from scratch, you will find a car in the quality you mention. And even if you manage to find one there is a 99% chance the person owning it is a person like you or me, who has no intention to sell it.

Still 15k euro is ALOT of money for a car not worth more then 3k or 4k at the moment. I don't know what defines the tax for a car in Norway but if it is based on the buy/sell price, I think you'd be better off buying a car that is in less good condition, get it imported more cheaply, then fix her up. In the end you probably spend a whole lot less and have a much better car.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Norwegian TA60. Carinaz 9 7,958 07-30-2019 10:22 PM
Last Post: banpei
  new guy here. The Azn 6 5,639 06-03-2018 06:29 PM
Last Post: Hama86
  new here~! mikeyee 6 6,867 02-16-2011 05:43 PM
Last Post: makkuro