my trueno project....
10-19-2006, 12:21 AM
my trueno project....
well,heres my first and last twincam(common name for AE86 here in ireland)
its only got 44 thousand km's on it.1983,two owners,first owner an old japanese couple,second owner,young boy racer.(same old story)
i thought it was gona be mint,concidering the miles and judging the pics,but it had little signs of rust,nothing major,but i had them taken out for good,any dodgy metal was cut out and replaced,a proper panel beater did the work,he made perfect replacement pieces,and filled the lot with solder.
next thing is to add an alloy rollcage,carbon bonnet,couple of bucket seats,body kit,and big wheels.

after that it'll be off to have the engine worked over,finished result should be 180 bhp at the wheels.shoudl have the work done in the next 4-6 mths,as long as funds allow,and finished in time for spring time drifting next year!will post pics as i get them.
i decided on a tureno after watching INITIAL D!that show is a legend!!!!

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/garybrennan1977/

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my trueno project....]
Find all posts by this user
10-19-2006, 02:17 AM
my trueno project....
Nice trueno you got there.

I've got one too but its an SR5, I bought a Silvertop engine for it that I will hopefully get installed to it someday.... Anyway good luck with your project. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2006, 09:13 AM
my trueno project....
Fishlegs, take a goooood look at your car. TRUENO Big Grin not TURENOBig Grin TURENO was some fools idea at Initial D cause they didn't get the rights to use the Trueno brand name from Toyota when they first produced the seriesBig Grin No relation to the car whatsoever asfar as I am aware..

Never heard anyone actually calling the car Tureno before, sounds weirdBig Grin

Very nice looking twinny you got there, put some more pics on, you know you can upload (attach) pictures to your post if you just press the [Image: AEU86 AE86 - my trueno project....] button right? Saves you having to search for a place to put em on the webBig Grin (allthough you got the photobuckety site)

Very smart of you to get the bits of rust tackled first. If done proper it will save you alot of headaches later on, especially seeing our europian weather which is hard on hachi's. There is no such thing as buying a rust free Hachi unless you buy one in sunny california or from some bloke who's never driven it or something Big Grin

There is plenty of knowhow in ireland about tuning that car so I'm sure you'll get done to her what you wantBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-19-2006, 09:31 AM
my trueno project....
Welcome! Wave
Old couple? Damn, thats lucky. Tongue
Is the car still in Japan, or you still have no pics of it in Ireland yet? Dumb question

Mux213 Wrote:Fishlegs, take a goooood look at your car. TRUENO Big Grin not TURENOBig Grin TURENO was some fools idea at Initial D cause they didn't get the rights to use the Trueno brand name from Toyota when they first produced the seriesBig Grin No relation to the car whatsoever asfar as I am aware..

Never heard anyone actually calling the car Tureno before, sounds weirdBig Grin
Maybe time to install a filter, rewriting all "Tureno" to "Trueno" Big Grin Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
10-19-2006, 09:57 AM
my trueno project....
good luck with the build, 180bhp at the wheels thou out of the 16v is going to be alot of work and very very very expensive.

RacersHaven.com
10-19-2006, 10:21 AM
my trueno project....
Friend of mine has 250bhp out of 1.8l ...not to expensive if you shop around and have friends.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
my trueno project....
what sort of coilovers are those at the back ?

10-19-2006, 11:17 PM
my trueno project....
thanks for the comments/advice.
i was quoted about 3k stg (thats about 4.5 thou euro?) for 180 at the wheels by the guy who built this a-series engine for me.its now 90bhp at the wheels,thats not bad!

heres the auction pic,i was looking for an S14,but came across this,how could i resist Smile
.[Image: AEU86 AE86 - my trueno project....]

three stages of rust....
discovery

extermination(with a grinder Smile )

ammending

i cant stop writing tureno,thats how we say it here,the car is almost ready,the black is painted,just painting the plastic trim on the side red again and thats it for a while,gota re-coup some funds!!
10-19-2006, 11:38 PM
my trueno project....
Nice car, mate! Good job fixing that rust, too Thumbs up!

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
10-20-2006, 09:18 AM
my trueno project....
Just 90 on the wheels? Hmm mine has 112 and I'm still running a stock engine Big Grin Must be the dynoBig Grin

You should ask BenR on this forum about the tuning options of the 4AG and see if the quote you got is a fair one. Not sure if the shop where Irishtwincam works also does engine tuning but they do alot of hachi work in ireland.

There is plenty of information going around on the do's and don't of 4AG tuning, don't let your guy re-invent the wheel and let you pay for it Big Grin 4500 euro does sound like alot of money to me, but 180hp is a high goal so I could be fair, dunne know...

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scuderia rollator CE86 trueno project NoHachi 136 147,229 04-15-2013 05:53 PM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  my slow trueno project cfly86 38 39,849 12-12-2012 04:35 AM
Last Post: cfly86
  My Drift project - 83' Trueno coupe doggy 158 262,008 10-23-2012 10:58 AM
Last Post: Lightning
  Trueno rollin project sunil 14 15,829 11-03-2010 11:24 PM
Last Post: D.O
  my tureno(trueno) project...part 2(MORE PICS) FiShLeGs 20 18,804 11-12-2009 01:39 PM
Last Post: Petros AE86