hacked?
02-08-2006, 02:26 PM
hacked?
ok, I got freebsd here. As I can say lots of attacker try to access/hack my system. But since I disabled some function in php.ini and they could not access into the system. try to find out what kind of exploit they used to access your system and patch them Smile
Find all posts by this user
02-08-2006, 11:16 PM
hacked?
oldskull Wrote:ok, I got freebsd here. As I can say lots of attacker try to access/hack my system. But since I disabled some function in php.ini and they could not access into the system. try to find out what kind of exploit they used to access your system and patch them Smile
It used to be on FreeBSD as well, but since FreeBSD doesn't support Sun hardware very well I switched to Gentoo.

I need some settings in the php.ini just because we run phpbb. Phpbb is a program which was written somewhere around the time when cavemen walked the planet and now people are trying to block the entrance of the caves with pebbles. It's just a big open hole. Well actually it isn't that bad, but it is not software which is entirely well written. Wink

I try to keep up with all patches and apply them, but it could also be that this was a new exploit. The hack was clearly done by an automated script and not by someone who was actually aware of our system: otherwise they would have caused much more damage. They altered some things in the database and that's it: tough luck. Undecided

I raised the frequency of backups at the moment and I'll dive into it this weekend. During weekdays I'm awefully busy, so I don't have time right now to figure out what they exactly did...

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - hacked?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2006, 11:38 PM
hacked?
I hope you find out where those hackers hack your server. Also dont forget to check those backdoor maybe installed in your system. If I talk to friend of mine in Malaysia, I will ask him what is the latest 0day exploit for phpbb and also gentoo maybe. Dumb question Dont tell anyone, I am use to be those bad boy when I live in Malaysia. So I did know some of old kind of backdoor. Anyway I already clean myself years ago and try to be cars nerd now
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2006, 10:42 PM
hacked?
LOL! Well, I try to be both. Big Grin

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - hacked?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user