found som old movies of my CRX
01-20-2005, 11:54 PM
these were the FIRST vids om my MONSTER CRX....

the car can be seen on http://hem.passagen.se/supermotardracing

http://www.sportbilen.se/film_out.php?li...ilmer.html

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-21-2005, 02:24 AM
Big Grin Typical Honda guys Wink

Like the sound of a VTEC engine in the upper zone Smile

A shame all those honda's in the Netherlands are so ricy Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
01-21-2005, 10:20 AM
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - found som old movies of my CRX]
I wonder who this rice boy is. Big Grin

And the tachometer is quite well known...

Can you still keep your eyes on the road? Confused

Seriously:
I don't really like Honda's (except the S2000), but it looks like you had a lot of work and fun with your crx. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
01-21-2005, 11:03 AM
The Doctor Wrote:Big Grin Typical Honda guys Wink

Where did you see a vtec engine? that to me looks like the 1.6 dohc 16v ZC engine that my brother used to run in his civic..correct me if I'm wrong though..I'm not much of a honda expert.

And I must say that the first gen CRX is cool as anything...square little 80's pocketrocket..I have no quarrel with that.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
01-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Ivan141 Wrote:
The Doctor Wrote:Big Grin Typical Honda guys Wink

Where did you see a vtec engine? that to me looks like the 1.6 dohc 16v ZC engine that my brother used to run in his civic..correct me if I'm wrong though..I'm not much of a honda expert.

And I must say that the first gen CRX is cool as anything...square little 80's pocketrocket..I have no quarrel with that.
You are right, Ivan! But he only says, that it sounds like a V-TEC Smile

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
01-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Like-em or not, honda makes some pretty good cars. If drifting is the only thing you like to do (which seems to be the popular craze these days) then they are pretty useless, but for everything else...
My little old civic was easier to drive fast than the mx5. The MX5 still seems to be somewhat faster than Ivan's hachi, though its getting close. The civic i think was a bit faster still.
It delivered a sub 10 minute lap of the nordschleiffe on my first visit, on worn suspension and bushings. To do the same in the mx5 means going to the limit in each and every corner.

A friend of mine is building a gen1 CRX as his Ring-tool. B16 engine, B18C5 manifolds and B16B cams, Movit brakes etc. The car isn't finished just yet (lots of carbon to be done), but already there is little that I think could keep up with this little rocket. And all that for the cost of a rusty hachi, not too bad.

I'm a big fan of CRX's (except del sol), they are all a hoot to drive, certainly more entertaining and sideways then a std hachi. If you can ignore the image, give em a try once. You might be amazed that there are more companies able to deliver the same sort of spirit as toyota did with the ae86.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
01-21-2005, 12:20 PM
CRX + Nordsleife + lift oversteer = end of carWink

Seriously though, I like the 2nd gen CRX alot, I think its a great little car, it looks damn good (of not riced out) and it drives great. But it suffers the same thing as most small FWD sportcars, a killer lift oversteer. I've seen a number of CRXs diving straight into the guardrails at the nordsleife because the height differences and bumps in the track can cause oversteer in some very unexpected situations, even for experienced drivers who come to the nurburgring for the first time. I have a really crazy movie somewhere from a french CRX driver that looses control this way, he eventually straightens the car out on the gras, all of a sudden the CRX makes a 90 degrees turn straight into the guardrail. Turns out the reason the car was going straight is that the front wheels had no grip, he thought he had his steering straight, he didn't....

But take a CRX out on any other track, or once you really know your CRX through and through, and its a magnificent machine. It's ashame that it has gotten such a bad rap.

I also love the integra and S2000.

Still, give me an RX7 any dayWink

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
01-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Lift off over steer can be tuned out at the cost of extra tire wear quite easily. though it always stays tricky (like all cars with a short wheelbases).

The AE86 also has quite a reputation for dangerous handling dynamics at the edge. Don't see a lot of difference between the cars.

Ohyeah, crx REALLY benefit from a spoiler at the back. Lts of negative pressure over the edge.

01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
About the Hondas and AE86:
2 years ago my dream was Integra. Not CRX.
In stock form Hondas are better than hachi - except for drifting, offcourse. But soon I understood that the price for good Integra/Crx is tripple than for the hachi. When I start to modify the car - again the hachi components were cheaper. And the last thing: if I use genuine Toyota parts (crank, pistons, rods, ever engine block) I can achieve up to 350 hp safe from 1.6 turbo engine. The genuine Honda parts cannot insure such power level, I should buy aftermaket expensive parts and this upgrade will cost a lot more that the hachi one.

PS: My everyday car is old Honda Jazz - a little town car :-) I had 3-door Accord also in the past.
01-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Sorry to keep this discussion going. I kinda like it, not beating on the hachi though.

The integra is a great car in stock form, but its not that much faster then a mildly sorted CRX VTi on the track. Mux could ask Frank on the other forum he visits (8200rpm). He drives a ITR with toda cams. Still about 10 seconds slower then a track CRX on Zandvoort.

Regarding price...I do not agree that a honda is more expensive. A stock ITR will keep up with anything but a full prepped TRD AE86. Parts for the honda are plentifull and cheap, certainly cheaper then toyota OEM. I have seen multiple CRX vti's here that hit 12 second 1/4 miles with just a entry level turbo kit. Thats around 250whp( be it for a short duration) on the stock shortblock. B16 are certainly better at handling power then the stock 4A-GE. Both are great engines, but the B16 is just a generation younger and it shows. 4A-GE is more similar to the D16Z5 or ZC engine.

Not that all this matters very much. Its still 90% driver capability and 10% car. As long as you're having fun, all is well. I had lots of fun in my years with my little civic. Trailbraking into every corner, waiting for the rear to step out of line and help the car rotate towards the apex. A technique by the way, that a lot of the aspiring drifters here on the forums should really try and learn. Just mashing the accelerator doesn't always do the trick. (You know who you are ;-) )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  David Lynch'es movies Apolan 3 4,659 03-23-2008 07:28 PM
Last Post: raki
  Look what I found in front of my house today banpei 13 12,437 11-21-2005 10:52 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Look what I found in front of my house today! Widar 9 8,043 11-19-2005 04:58 PM
Last Post: 205t16
  look what i found... The Doctor 13 15,898 10-03-2005 07:57 AM
Last Post: 86factory
  Look what i found! The Doctor 3 4,736 01-09-2005 05:12 PM
Last Post: banpei