and im off AE86 trueno, Silvertop project, but wait SR5?
08-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, I bought an sr5 while I was still getting into the 86 then I started to really like it. but I didn't know the difference of the GTS and the SR5 for awhile... then I found out when I looked at the engine single cam 4AC... but I kept a positive head and bought a 20 valve silvertop for it and gonna put it in. I bought it mostly cuz I wanted it but also because I needed a new engine because the 4AC overheated and blew the head gasket then warped the head all before I could stop Sad ...

but now I am starting my project of putting 20 valve into my SR5 and get it running again. but I will have to easy with it because the rear differential is not gonna hold up to the sudden boost of power for a while. but I will drive it until it dies again lol.

so here I am any suggestions? any tips that those how have done it already have for me?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Heya mate,

This should give you a head start:
http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_...%2020V.htm

Also TE71Corolla on the board here put a silvertop in PNuts SR5 awhile back so he should be able to give you some pointers and there are probably some others around to. Its loads of work, be sure to take plenty of pictures of what you are doing and post em here and I'm sure people will help you with the next steps..

First step, empty up that engine bay, get that old lump of SR5 outtah there and start figuring out how to put the silvertop in there I'd say, but again, I've never done this so I may be missing out on a few basicsBig Grin

Also read up on that fuel stuff, You're gonne have to install a fuel pump and fuel lines that a carbed SR5 doesn't have. You may want to just source the whole lot from a GTS, then it will just be a direct fit.. I don't know if you can just add the right fuel pump to the SR5 (no idea if the mounting points and all that exist) and run the fuel lines yourself, that may be a good idea aswell because you can get a better rated fuel pump (you may need it, not sure). A fuel pump from an FC TII would be a good choice, their a dime in a dozen in the USA, I've heard its a direct replacement on the GTS pump but alot stronger as it's meant to feed a turbo'd gas gugling rotaryBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
08-21-2006, 10:52 PM
yeah, but before I can do anything I gotta get a new ECu and wiring harness for the silvertop...

I just got the engine today to find out that the company destroyed it by cutting the wiring harness. so now I have to find all the stuff and put it on the engine then make it work for the 86.
08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
So I read...

Well that figures...Sad Good luck hunting down the partsBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

08-25-2006, 05:47 AM
well dispite the news, I have continued and have taken the front whell drive transmission off the 4age. I will be selling it later.
08-25-2006, 08:54 AM
evfan42 Wrote:well dispite the news, I have continued and have taken the front whell drive transmission off the 4age. I will be selling it later.
No wireloom yet? Dumb question

You can try to contact Turborolla on this forum: he imports black and silvertops to Holland and maybe he has a spare loom.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - and im off AE86 trueno, Sil... wait SR5?]
08-27-2006, 06:22 AM
well i started taking the waterpump off the old 4ac engine today and notice the guy before me changed the waterpump, but he made his own holes in the housing and the fan, which made it go off balance and break the waterpump, which drained all the fluids and blew the head gasket.

so now, until I get the silvertop working I will be running of the 4ac after I get it fixed, just hoping that I didn't warp the head when it overheated
08-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Whow, nice bodge job haha.. Good that you found the cause, lets hope the damage turns out to be minorBig Grin

Someone out there must have a wireloom.. I would check club4ag, in the end, this board mostly has hachi owners with stock 4AGs, on club4ag there is a wider range of people who use silvertops and may have the parts you need.. (hate pointing people to other boards Big Grin )

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

08-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I have tried club4ag but nobody responds to my post.

im running outta ideas....
08-27-2006, 11:09 PM
weird... normaly there is alot of people on...

awell... guess it aint what it used to be then..

maybe ask that new guy in the asia forum, he probably can get a wire loom straight from Japan Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scuderia rollator CE86 trueno project NoHachi 136 147,255 04-15-2013 05:53 PM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  my slow trueno project cfly86 38 39,859 12-12-2012 04:35 AM
Last Post: cfly86
  My Drift project - 83' Trueno coupe doggy 158 262,054 10-23-2012 10:58 AM
Last Post: Lightning
  1986 Corolla SR5 S2k Build.... MIami style geoscranny84 16 21,107 04-26-2012 08:00 PM
Last Post: [Walaki]D`Lair
  1987 sr5 project purplerain11 3 5,845 04-15-2012 03:34 AM
Last Post: purplerain11