accidents...
04-03-2005, 09:33 PM
accidents...
ok, i was talking to JammieMirror today, and one story came through my mind...

so, here it is:

2 years ago, in summer, i got my first mazda 323 GTX (made in 1987) it was 4wd, turboed...really nice car... Thumbs up!
but it had a leaking rear diff, so, i had to fill it with oil every 2 weeks...(was really bad), and at the same time i was looking for the replacement... Hurray!

once, me and one of my best friends had to go to the other city some 100km away, and had no other way but to go with my mazda...
we got there, made what we had to, slept the night at my friends house and the other day went back home...

it was raining really hard that day...all was wet as Dumb question ... i was driving about 130km/h in the second lane overtaking the other slower car, and, suddenlym i heared the noise, as you would put the metal thing between the teeth of the diff...soo big...
the first thought that came through my mind was "oh sh!t, the diff"...i shouthed that, turned the caution corner lights on, started to brake.......
...i broke to something like 100km/h, and, suddenly...the rear end locks...the wheels are tuck...my tail starts to slide everywhere, i start countersteer...go sideways...make 360 degree turn and stay between two lanes pointing to the forest...

oops...

someone's coming our direction...ummm...what to do...clutch, floor, let the cluch go...adn finally i'm in the side of the highway...

after that, we were sitting and laughing for about 45mins without a stop...(adrenaline rush)...
then i called my friend to come over, to take me back home, and then, i took some tools, some light (ir was about 10pm then), and headed to the place, cause i needed to remove the diff, CV's, prop shaft etc if i wanted to go home, cause after all it was impossible to rotate the rear wheels...
i finished work and my father took me home...when i came, it was 3am the other day...;D

so, that's the way it happened to me...

anyone had something like that?

post it here!

cheers, adam

P.S.

i think i have that diff somewhere laying around, so i think i could make some shots of it...;D
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2005, 09:47 PM
accidents...
Okay,

I got a few.....these two I remember most: Smile

First, I once drove up to Denmark in my moms BMW. On the way back home it was pooring like hell, I was doing 160 kmph on the freeway when suddenly my windscreenwiper desided to quit on me. 0 visibility in an instant!! I got her to the hard shoulder somehow without hitting anything and managed to fix the windscreenwiper but man was that scary.

Then there was the time when I was driving my Porsche 944 S2. I was going about 170kmph when it suddenly started to hail (not sure if I spell that right, little bits of ice, not snow, falling down from the sky). I desided to slow down, the minute I let go of the accelerator the back broke out. I somehow managed to keep her on the road, this was a 3 lane freeway with a hard shoulder, luckely empty, but I went from the total left, to the total right and back again a few times before I regained control.

Luckely it never came to accidents. So far I've only been involved in two accidents. One time someone didn't brake in time and drove into the back of my car. My car had a few scratches, her car was totalled.
The second time (same car strangely enough) I was driving 20kmph past a church while people were leaving when the priest desided to back his mercedes into the side of my carSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2005, 10:21 PM
accidents...
i also remember one time, when i was driving my fathers vw passat vatiant 1.6 diesel (yeah, the most powered car in tha world) on icy highway...
it was something like 90km/h...something was in the way, and i decided to step from the gas, and, suddenly, the back starts to go sideways...ohhh...thanx god i reacted straight away...the car went something like 45 degrees off the scale...and backed up again...fhiuh...;]

but when my father drove the car back, the same sh!t happened, and we managed to go straight to the bank of snow right where the highway is divided into 2...;] oops...;]

cheers, adam
04-04-2005, 04:13 PM
accidents...
Don't ask me a thing. I was not drifting.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
04-04-2005, 04:15 PM
accidents...
My rear right tire went of the rim. This is how it ended.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
04-04-2005, 04:40 PM
accidents...
oh... Huh Huh Huh
was a bit a surprise i think eh?

cheers, adam
04-04-2005, 05:08 PM
accidents...
Unfortunately my only crash was with my AE86....
First day of my last work. Chain accident. And this is the point when I started to modify this car :-) Damaged hood ? Go drop vent ! Damaged radiator ? Go aluminium one ! Wheel arches repair, and (I hope soon) new paint + exterior tunning.
04-04-2005, 07:44 PM
accidents...
well, i have said what my ae86 will be when i get a chance to get a decent one...;D
as simple as Dumb question
no spoilers etc... Thumbs up!
just a nice suspension, nice wheels, rollcage, seats, and an engine...;D
umm..me is dreamin again...well, whateva...my day will come one day...
Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Thumbs up!
04-04-2005, 10:42 PM
accidents...
Lucky enough I've never had an accident whenever I was driving a car. Smile

Mopeds are a very different story though. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - accidents...]
04-04-2005, 10:48 PM
accidents...
banpei Wrote:Lucky enough I've never had an accident whenever I was driving a car. Smile

Mopeds are a very different story though. Tongue
Omg all the times i went flying of my old mopeds! Those where the days! Big Grin

Apart from smacking a rim to a kerb on my old volvo 360 and smacking the rear light on the bmw to a guard rail (you've seen the movie.. Wink ) nothing has happened. Yet.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - accidents...]
Find all posts by this user