AE86 registration troubles wheels/engine/ect.
07-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Hello
Just want to ask you guy's if you have experience with this. I was wondering in the year our AE86 where made what type of aftermarked wheels where distributed in the shop's that where street legal and suited for our cars. Because i am recently going to register my AE86 finally and i wanted that the guy on technical inspection will include my Advan A3A wheels unfortunatelly he wrote in registration papers only the steel wheels that are R14x5.5 and my Advans are R14x8 i think this will get me lot of troubles on the roads and i am sure the police officers will not like it.

Also i was doing other inspection on the car and they wrote down that the engine type is 4A is that correct or not ? Should that be not 4A-GE ?
Funny was i was sure i am having on car catalysator and the guy told me that i am not having it according to the database. But i have AFM version of engine with only 85kW in papers so i think this is having catalysator.

Hmm can anyone help me out how much fuel goes into AE86 GT Coupe (2door) ? I am missing this data about fuel tank.

There is lot of confusion i saw about 5 different registration papers the data was really a mess all have somethink wrong i saw things like the car is front wheel drive, got 5 sitting places and it is a SEDAN Huh
I like those people.

Hmm also the car should be named Corolla GT Coupe correctly or just Corolla GT ? Or different like Corolla Coupe ...i think i am going to be really confused Confused

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
Find all posts by this user
07-09-2010, 09:50 PM
the atiwe range was sold orignialy, I do have the Swiss official papers somewhere with all the wheels listed but need to ask someone to scan it - will see what i can do but wont be before early next week...

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Search for topic with specs and looks of different AE86.
There were different steel 13 and 14" rims and some 14" alu.

Correct name is hard to know since different countries got different names.
There is also a topic on that in this forum.
10-18-2010, 10:50 AM
don't know if this is still helpfull as quite some time has past Blush

but just stumbled over this while cleaning up some stuff for my move...

it's the part of the official paper used in Switzerland regarding wheels and tires...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I have a full registration document from austria, with exhausts, and wheels, etc, I will try not-to-forget to scan it..
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I have scanned it, but it will not be helpful for those who want to use bigger wheels as it consists only 100% oem datas. here it is:

http://www.ae86.hu/brosurak-katalogusok/...-ausztria/