Wich ecu standalone works better in a 4AGE
02-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Abe Wrote:I have a good friend Engineer, he works for few years in the best tune Rallie cars company of Spain and one of the best in Europe.... I don't have problems whit the tune.

You said that the good ECU tunners don't use start-up maps????? Huh this is really wrong.

Regards
I see no reason for you to even post on this topic, if your friend is as good as you say, and he´s going to be the one doing the work.
Why would you even consult with us mere mortals? Banging head

My evil Red/Black Panda
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=12832
My current JDM AE86 project
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=31609
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2007, 03:58 AM
Peter, my friend recomend me MOTEC, but is so much expensive for my little pocket.

But he offer to tune me anyone standalone ECU that I install in my car.... But I install it.... not he.

I Have fear to the wiring arness Confused

Regards

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Wich ecu standalone works better in a 4AGE]
02-07-2007, 03:59 AM
Megasquirt not is dificult install the wirings?

Regards and thanks

02-07-2007, 04:21 AM
there are forums for everything in this world from farming potatoes to building rockets.

http://www.megasquirt.info/
f.eks

Q: Is megasquirt difficult to wire?
A: How much does a car cost?

Meaning, i dont know your electronic skills. I dont know if you've been poking around with this before.

If you never have, i would say : yes. It is. Takes alot of reading, learning and understanding before you go ahead at it.

Start with learning the theory of combustion. Would help you out alot.

Kp62 - 135hp
Ae86 - 135hp
C32 Laurel - 440hp
C32 Laurel - 125hp

02-16-2007, 10:38 AM
My 4agtte 86 is now running on VEMS, as are several other 16 and 20v 4ag's in the UK.

It was originally a bit like megasquirt and still uses the same mapping software but is a fully commerical ecu with surface mount technology etc much like MOTEC etc.

So far its been pretty smooth sailing, i've had excellent support from Rob, who's the UK distributor and he even sorted a loom out for me so the install was pretty quick and easy.

Danco are also using these in Ireland now too so there are plenty of cars running on it.

try contacting Rob for more info at http://www.vems.co.uk, or there's probablysomeone in Spain who does them too. They're made in Hungary I think and mine came in a couple of days.
02-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Team_Dandism Wrote:My 4agtte 86 is now running on VEMS, as are several other 16 and 20v 4ag's in the UK.

It was originally a bit like megasquirt and still uses the same mapping software but is a fully commerical ecu with surface mount technology etc much like MOTEC etc.

So far its been pretty smooth sailing, i've had excellent support from Rob, who's the UK distributor and he even sorted a loom out for me so the install was pretty quick and easy.

Danco are also using these in Ireland now too so there are plenty of cars running on it.

try contacting Rob for more info at http://www.vems.co.uk, or there's probablysomeone in Spain who does them too. They're made in Hungary I think and mine came in a couple of days.

Will you tell me how much boost you are running, and what power is it making?

Thanks,
Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
02-17-2007, 10:45 AM
It's running 1 bar at the moment but we've only done the first mapping session. The turbo outlet temps indicate that we can probably push it up to about 1.5 bar.

Not sure on power yet as we're mapping on a runway so not been to a dyno to check, but my old 4agze mr2 was up around 200 at 1bar so am hopeful for 250+.

It uses 2 IHI RHB6 turbos, with the boost controlled through the VEMS. Hope to be able to map it again in the next week or 2 and get it closer to a finished map.

regards

Matt J..

Vaz Speed 4AGTTE N2 Replica
02-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Im another VEMS user, its been over a year now and as said, im very happy with mine. Ive ran stock with ITB's for a year and now i have a screamer of a 16v in there with big cams and lots of head work and again, VEMS is great for this. Cheap too, and has integrated Wideband o2 if you spec it, which allows you to tune by your self easily.

Driftworks - JSPFab.com - DangerStyle - NightSpirit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ecu for AE86 4AGE Steller Engineering 6 4,179 03-10-2021 11:06 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  ITB convert need standalone ECU izanagi 2 6,090 04-07-2016 11:24 PM
Last Post: izanagi
  4age 16v oem ecu rev limiter research ditn 18 26,114 06-22-2015 08:02 AM
Last Post: ditn
  20V VVT on standalone ECU fax0815 5 9,307 08-09-2013 09:27 AM
Last Post: rene