Wich camshaft.. everlasting question !?
07-02-2007, 02:19 PM
jamiemirror Wrote:So where your junkyard is located ? Tongue

Haha! it is based in Ireland....the Ecu has been sold and i gave the ported oem inlet to another member?? cant remember who! i still have the Toda fuel reg (collecting dust) but other than that there isnt much engine parts left...only suspension, interior etc etc and some mickey mouse bits kept as spares....most of it is actually Junk...well in my eyes it is but some people go crazy when they see what bits we have just lying about... Huh guess thats what happens when u have a track car wit road car bits about. some mans copper is another mans gold. Cool

At last Itsuki is gone.....:o)

Who the hell is Itekani??

lol...Wataru! ????
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
No problem to wait for "junked 270 cams" Ian Evil
07-06-2007, 09:59 AM
I think 272 In and 272 or 280 Ex with high lift cam. First of all, If you using Toda (The most complete selection of 4AGE cams in Japan), The type of duration is the same price, For example, 272 8.5mm Lift and 304 8.5mm lift are the same price. The high lift cam cost more but 264 10mm lift is the same price of 320 10.5mm lift.

If you want to drive the car on the street without a rough idle, The max on the intake should no more than 272. 160hp is easy to achieve in 4AGE. It is the torque that hard to achieve. If you want more torque, you need to have a higher compression piston, higher lift or oversize valve. In my opinion, I am against oversize valve. First, if you want to oversize the valve, it is recommand to change a valve seat. If you did not change the valve seat, most of the time your valve clearance will be way too off. Second, most of the time, you can only port 1mm bigger to the valve if you want to be safe since you are driving on the street. But if you choice a higer lift cams such as 10mm lift, you valve will go 1.9mm deeper than the HKS one. Why I want to spent all the money to oversize the valve and i only can get 1mm bigger instead of a 1.9mm depth gain on the the high lift cams? If I don't have a lot of funds, I will choice to buy a higher lift cams than over size the valve.

I know once you use the higher lift cams (9mm or above), you need to mod the valve train. On the other hand, you will only need a valve spring upgrade and a 1SZFE solid bucket to achieve. It is not that expensive (Toda valve spring - 120 USD), (1SZFE solid bucket - 268 for all 16). Also, The valve spring retainer, valve spring seat and valve guild should change to a new one. But is it also a nessary changing parts when you oversize the valve minus the oversize valves itself?

Finally, since you have a standalone computer, you have more possiblity to tune your motor to your driving habit. But remember one things - If your motor is meant to push 160hp max, the ecu tuning will not give you 161 hp. It is all about what you use on you motor and the ecu will help you to bring the potenial out of your motor.

Maxwell Arancon
Vice President
PASS RACING INC
148 S.8th Ave, Unit-F
City of Industry, USA
[email protected]
http://www.passracing.com
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Wich camshaft.. everlasting question !?]
07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
GLAD YOU HELPING ME ON watching FORUMs ^^^^^^^^

P.A.S.S Racing
148 S.8th Ave, Unit-F
(626)961-6284
City of Industry
[email protected]
http://www.passracing.com
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Wich camshaft.. everlasting question !?]
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about camshaft CHACAMAN 2 3,198 07-07-2020 06:41 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  Camshaft ID kazi 6 6,739 09-26-2018 12:07 AM
  Anyone farmiliar with hks camshaft types for 4age? spill86 5 14,146 11-18-2017 11:36 PM
  Camshaft sprocket bolt size? harkes 1 4,257 07-03-2015 12:41 PM
Last Post: Dave W
  Camshaft questions d3nso 7 7,475 08-16-2013 11:19 PM
Last Post: jondee86