Why an 86?
07-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Why an 86?
i remember walking through woking when i was with sum bird, saw one for sale (bare in mind 5 years ago) for £900. was a rust bucket in silver but from memory it was in gran turismo. i thought of going for it but it would be a waste (idiot!) at the time as i was still in full time education.

drifting video's, gran turismo 3, and jezza's corolla gt all make me think of biting the bullet and saying farewell to my crx!

by god the crx handles though!
Find all posts by this user
07-22-2006, 02:15 AM
Why an 86?
the first time i saw the car was in a comuter game called tokyo highway challenge on the dream cast back in 1998 i think. you start off with no money and the only decent car you could buy was the 86. but i love with the car, to be fair honesty has to be because of initial d. although, after researching the car and then discovering that there are nutters out there who do use the car to go drifting, i fell in love with it. i m waiting for mine to arrive from japan, hopefully get mine this time next month

ken
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Why an 86?
my dad got me mine for my 15th bday, he had one when he was youngso i guess he wanted me to have one as well Smile it was the first ae86 i saw and i didn't liked it by the first sight...but now, 2 years later, i wouldn't change in with anything...except a McLaren F1 Thumbs up!

TUNING IS NOT A CRIME
08-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Why an 86?
now thats a cool storyBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Why an 86?
Well, I've wanted to buy one for the longest time. And yes, I didn't know about this little RWD coupe/hatchback before Initial-D.

I stopped my search and left the forum because I couldn't find myself a hatchback. IMHO the coupe looks good, but I don't like the ass, mainly the rear lights.

But as you most likely have read in the new member area I am back. And with more legit reasons!

-RWD
-Feul Efficient
-Looks awesome
-Will be unique

Why am I back? Because I'll be immigrating to the states soon, and I can get myself an SR5-GTS hatchback with flip up lights like I wanted originally. Another reason to love the states: They got hatchbacks readily available (though a lot of them have fartcans on them... could someone please teach those kids them fartcans don't work if you don't have the exhaust diameter to match it?! And to top that fact off they have little knowledge about N/A motors: No backpressure means you’ll be slower... Now if you have a turbo... things change... but I won't... I'll be N/A baby!)

Justice to All
08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Why an 86?
Well i don't have a hachi but here is how i learned about it.

We had a family friend who used to participate in rally events with an AE86. He had another one for his daily driver. I used to play in my Amiga a game with a celica and he used to watch me. One day he tried to play too but he realised that i was better than him (young boys deal around better with video games!) so he told me: Let's go for a ride! We jumped in his daily hachi and started drifting through roundabouts and other corners on a very slippery tarmac on a rainy night with gravel tires! As you understand the above combination means very small amount of traction. He used every millimiter of the road and had amazing control of the car. I felt in love of the car and i told my self that one day i would buy one. Even though many years passed i don't have a hachi but i think that my next car will be a hachi.

Thanks for your attention! :wink:

Toyota Corolla KE30 + Toyota Corolla AE86
10-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Why an 86?
i like em cos they are a cult car in my country and my wifes country(ireland and she from japan)
really really wanted a tureno after watching initial D.
really really wanted a RWD drive car after watching tokyo drift.
im just new to them,i got alot of respect to those who have loved them from the very start....I SALUTE YOU!!!!
i think 40% of all the worlds twincams in japan,another 40 % here in ireland.the other 20% spreed over the rest of the world Smile
10-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Why an 86?
FishLegs,

Hmm I think you're forgetting America in your estimates, they got ALOT of cars. So does Australia, other asian countries have plenty of hachi's aswell, maleisia, Singapore, you name it...

Portugal and Denmarks are good runners up in Europa, you might wanne check this thread :
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?t=2572

Big Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Why an 86?
Why an 86?

...because everything else is gay!

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
10-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Why an 86?
Knudsen Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why an 86?

...because everything else is gay!

THATS NOT FAIR! Smile

whats gay about this then?? Thumbs up!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Why an 86?]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ever wondered why ae86's are hard to find? nzae86 9 9,546 05-22-2008 10:35 PM
Last Post: fly
  Why would Toyota be advertising the AE86 in 2007?? oldeskewltoy 48 34,750 10-01-2007 03:28 PM
Last Post: DJexor
  Why can't we delete our own posts? Widar 24 17,062 05-13-2005 04:59 PM
Last Post: banpei