Why a twincam?
01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Why a twincam?
what got you interested in them? rallies, daddies what?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Why a twincam?]
http://WWW.AE86IRL.COM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Why a twincam?
u just love them or hate them eh.. in donegal i didnt get a chance to hate them.. with uncles rallyin bout in them all the time.. handy i suppose. but an expensive habbit

DONT JUST BREAK DA RULES...
RULE DA BENDS...
FUN AINT IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!
06-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Why a twincam?
had an S13 first and switched to the AE86 as it's cheaper in many aspects... initial D and mate racing them helped a bit I have to admit Big Grin

what about you James?

EDIT: still have the S13 which is going to be a trailer queen one day... miss the power from time to time

AE86 ex-daily
06-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Why a twincam?
i had an s14 and switched to an 86. there a lot cheaper and a hell of a lot more fun over the s14. the s14 had loads of power an all that, but i just didn't like driving it for some reason. just to boring. ive always liked the 86's since i was young. but couldn't get myself to pay so much money for a 20 odd year old car. after driving the turbo's and hated them, and also watching initial d, i bit the bullit and bought one. best decision i made, absolutly love it Thumbs up!
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Why a twincam?
encouterd a hachi when i was 12 or 13 ... fell in love on the design then and when i turned 15 i already had almost all the info about them.

Driving experience is true. No stuff between you and the car nor the road. really fun driving experience.

Well that about it . I always loved retracable headlights but when i saw my levin coupe i was sold :_D

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
06-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Why a twincam?
I also switched from a S13 to a Hachi Roku, lot more fun, cheaper, better handling etc....
06-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Why a twincam?
always liked them but fell in love with the jap ones as soon as i saw option vids back in 2000

http://WWW.AE86IRL.COM
06-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Why a twincam?
There was a AE86 Trophy here in Portugal in 1987, i was 5 years old at the time and used to go see the races with my father. Since then I always wanted to have one of those for myself...

The dream continued until I found out there was something called Initial D and BMI and Option Magazine: long story short - When I realized there was something called JDM Phenomenon! Hurray!

A friend of mine who already died (RIP Niko) bought a tired old Levin wich was the first AE86 i drove and my love for the car has escalated even more, I promissed myself the next week i would buy one for me, since I trashed my Ford Fiesta somedays before trying to drift with it.

And so it was, a week after I bought my first Levin... and the rest is history!

06-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Why a twincam?
My hachi is my first car. As a young 18 year old boy, I fell in love with the power, the looks and the rear wheel drive!
To make a long story short, my first my last my everything!

And I intend to keep mine for ever. Big Grin

Regards
Lars Veiss, Denmark
Currently [URL=http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/dk-ae86-renovation-and-turbo-project---now-driveable/t/2474/start=150[/URL]
06-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Why a twincam?
Mostly the same as jonny´s statement.

I can only regret why I havent bought one after holding the driving license... idiot.

They were cheaper, about 500 euro and much better condition.

I´ll leave some pics os the "Corolla Trophy" back in 84 - Nostalgic, hum?

Still wondering why?

Cump´s