Webber DCOE 45mm for 200hp
05-18-2013, 02:07 AM
oldeskewltoy Wrote:
kpretro84 Wrote:As subject states guys these are the carbs i bout with a smallport manifold. off a running engine so they re a bolt on ready to start already jetted for 4age motor.

i need to know what i need to try get to 200hp The is engine fully N/A currently EFI. it is going to be running a 4k modified dizzy.

Or some ppl on here may have awesome carbed 4ages that have such power and would like to share they re Specs?

Many thanks-

How much money do you have...... SERIOUSLY... how much do you have?
$5000 NZ dollars
Find all posts by this user
05-18-2013, 02:09 AM
ditn Wrote:for a bit of discussion
why do you take carbs over injection? Smile

over the N/A ecu? webbers are way better and no Rev Limit till fuel runs out?
05-18-2013, 02:12 AM
robokill Wrote:kpretro, if you want a nice engine with no high cost you need the following:

- be able to built it yourself
- have a budget of between 1000 -> 2000 euro to make it something
- patience
- chance to break your engine

If the above are all A oke! then no worries. Except the search function I will just add another hit to the search engine.

- Take the engine apart (completely)
- Do the standard headwork (see TRD guide its not perfect but it will do alot of good)
- Change valves / guides / springs / lifters (use Yaris / Vitz)
- My recommendation is a nice set of Catcams 4age cams high lift not too exceed 288 duration
- Clean the bottom end of your engine. (smooth it out) (get it washed)
- All new washers / seals / oilpump / waterpump / bearings

Build it up properly. Get it to a tuner and setup.

See how much it makes. Don't forget to post a full build guide Smile

This is good the head stuff your saying got more to this? no need to clean motor is new hasnt Run in yet. and is a rebuild.
05-18-2013, 02:15 AM
einneb Wrote:I think it would be a good idea to do some months/years research before you even start building a 200hp 4a-ge.

And why would you go for 200 horses ? Wouldn't it be nice to have a bit torque also ? A good usefull engine, doesn't only have HP... it needs also some torque.

I run some 40mm dellorto's on a tuned 4a-ge 16v, i just love the sound of them and i love the looks and the smell of the old carburators. But i think if you want some good smooth and high horsepower engine... it isn't a good idea.

And why the .... you ask???? ''which carbs i should get for backfires and noises '' Backfires ?
Love the noise!! Okay guys its now 160 - 185hp? not 200hp
05-18-2013, 02:32 AM
rene Wrote:if you have no expense with engine building

buy a engine from a engine builder cheaper in the long run

but 200 hk is expensive head work, you have to fit bigger valves to get over 180 to 190hk

big lift cams again machining off head and followers off shim under buket type

but it is a +10k euro engine you are starting on

so if this you first engine forget it, you just get disappointed

Alright then guys i did read somewhere 45mm webbers are fairly too big for N/A suppose to be 40mm if i was just to swap from efi to carbs 45mm are for some after market cams and modifying things it says. 45mm maybe too big to tune so any suggestion for what type of cams i should get to suit webbers 45mm? ill stick with 160hp then? so ill throw in some after market valve springs and cams and juts rev the shit out of it see what i get? i dont know much about cams so which ones should i go for guys thanks
05-18-2013, 02:36 AM
so Yeah lets start again guys its now 160 or 170ish hp ignore the 200hp please. ive already got a 300hp 4agte Ke70 its fairly scary to drive so i prob dont need 200hp Starlet. So how about that guys its now lower? Smile
05-18-2013, 02:46 AM
Also i just had a read again on Bills page on the 160hp mark doesnt say much on carbs sadly Just this A quick note - the 4AGE that I have in my AE-86 Sprinter has 288° cams, an aftermarket computer, 10.5:1 compression, and a small amount of head work done. It makes about 160hp with a completely stock bottom end. It ran to 8,500rpm without any problems.
05-18-2013, 09:18 AM
better plan Tongue
tbh you dont need 200 hp,160/170 is a very nice number and what most rallydrivers here have.
Can i ask why you are so focused on carbs?
you could go for a nice itb setup to

I think a rallyshop over her sells the ecu+itb and stuff for 1250€ thats cheap.
05-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Everything you need is in this thread for 160hp:

http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/tuned-4ag...4age+power

Results were mostly achieved on standard injection so your Weber carbs might even give you a little bit more.

Why do you want it to be so LOUD ?

An analogue brain in a digital World
05-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Nice, a 7 double post Cool

Can anyone please explain me, why the hell you want backfires?

http://bruutt.blogspot.nl/
Projects: Lancer evo 4 rs, ae86 drifter, carina ta60 4a-ge & ae82gt twin cam..