User trading feedback section?
04-25-2005, 10:08 PM
I thought I would put this idea forward as it's used frequently on another forum I visit.

The basic idea is that any trading done in the buy or sell section is kept on record in another section of the forum. I thought this would be particularly handy for anyone trading spare parts and will then have an idea of what to expect.
Find all posts by this user
04-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Thats a great idea... Isnt there a similar function on E-bay?

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
04-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Yes thats where the idea came from initially but it's also handy to have on a forum too methinks
04-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Well, if i were i charge of aeu86.org (thank god im not Confused ) all the forums would be cut down to a minimum... I think theres way to many forums allready, so please: No more forums!

A little graph that shows other users satisfaction regarding allready done trades, would be much better. ( I hope you understand what im trying to explain, thus i find it a bit hard) The "satisfaction-bar" could easily be placed next to the "PM" button or the "MSNM" button in my case...

04-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Knudsen, this seems to be something like "rating". Not only for trades ?
I like the idea.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Yes, it could be a "sell-rating" on how satisfied the buyers is with the seller...

04-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Hmm, that would be quite difficult to maintain: who is allowed to update another rating and what about misuse?
Apart from that I could not find anything resembling what you suggest for phpbb, so there is not really an out of the box solution.
I agree with Knudsen: there are already a lot of subforums and I don't think another subforum will add more value to this.

Anyway, it's a good point and I'll have a look into possible solutions for this. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - User trading feedback section?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2005, 02:33 PM
I don't think we need a system like this, we're all good guys in here.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - User trading feedback section?]
04-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I agree with Widar, we are all good guys, so far nobody's screwed another over (except maybe me with still not having found my shuto trials 1 VCD..) Smile

I think we need to remind ourselves what we are here. We are a forum with AE86 enthousiasts, not a trading site, we're not frigging ebay. Buying/selling things on the forum is a pretty open business that only happens sporadically, you'd hardly have enough volume in reactions to get a good rating system going. Very often people selling something are one time sellers anyways...

Besides, as people buy things from other people on the forum are very public so people will tent to react openly about their experiences. If someone screws around that person will quickly get a rep that will stick with that person.

What I am much more interesting in is hearing about peoples experiences with shops they order from. When I order something from T3 or paradise racing I want to know who I am dealing with and hearing from other members about this is great. Those threads are being started in forums we already have and that is great (that way I learned to just be patient with Luis from Paradise Racing, his stuff is good, he can be just very slow and emails dont always ariveSmile).

In the same way it has been very open with the stuff we've gotten through JonT to name but an example, we all know about the trouble he's had with shipping the fiberglass parts, we also have heard the succes stories with other tidbits he's gotten for me and others from Japan.

I'm sure once people on here start telling about their experiences with, say ToyCoolRolla, we'll know whether he has good products and how fast he ships aswell, the community is small enough for that.

Bottom line is, I think its overkill to rate people on this site, we simply dont have enough trading going on for that and the discussions are currently more then open enough already. Aslong as we mods make sure nobody starts flamewars on here because he had a bad experience with a seller we should be fineSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Which is a fair enough point. It was just a suggestion that I thought a few people may have appreciated Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Omori Meter still a trading company? hachirokuGTV 3 6,047 08-10-2009 08:16 PM
Last Post: hachirokuGTV
  Sellers Feedback dollykean 7 5,799 03-19-2009 06:25 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  Changing my user name totta Crolla 9 6,994 12-15-2007 04:25 PM
Last Post: totta Crolla
  Moving some sticky topics to the "How to" section jamiemirror 9 7,350 01-22-2005 03:57 PM
Last Post: banpei