Toyotapartsoverstock.com
11-07-2014, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 09:14 PM by dinkers542.)
Toyotapartsoverstock.com
Has anyone had any experience with http://www.toyotapartsoverstock.com? Seems like they have a decent amount of parts for the 86. They even have brand new ECU if you decide you want to spend $560 for an old ecu. Also found a GTS rear end on here although I think it is an empty housing.

GTS rearear end housing assembly
http://www.toyotapartsoverstock.com/p/TO...12181.html

Not sure If this is the whole thing but it looks like a brand new Bluetop wiring harness. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.toyotapartsoverstock.com/p/TO...12580.html
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Toyotapartsoverstock.com
I was tempted to order some parts for my headlights from them, but then I found another company (jp-carparts.com) had even the springs available. As I'm not from the US the shipping costs were not that different but I reckon if you are it would make a difference.
Also they only feature USDM parts, so for my Carina it would be hard to source parts for it via them.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Toyotapartsoverstock.com]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Toyotapartsoverstock.com
(11-07-2014 09:47 PM)banpei Wrote:  I was tempted to order some parts for my headlights from them, but then I found another company (jp-carparts.com) had even the springs available. As I'm not from the US the shipping costs were not that different but I reckon if you are it would make a difference.
Also they only feature USDM parts, so for my Carina it would be hard to source parts for it via them.

I will have to check them out! Little of topic here but is there large difference between USDM and JDM when it comes to the engine bay? I know that some of the mounting brackets for external parts are different but I have never known what else uses differnt parts.
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Toyotapartsoverstock.com
Biggest difference is the location of the ancillaries necessary for LHD vs RHD. Mostly to do with steering and such.
BTW: That also means for instance that on LHD cars aftermarket JDM exhaust headers won't fit or on RHD cars you will have difficulty with the stock throttlebodies on the 20v engines. But normally you should be fine I guess. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Toyotapartsoverstock.com]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user