Thats me :-)
11-21-2006, 10:40 AM
So thats me.. Hi

i am 17 Years old an i live in germany.. I like Japan and the Culture there of course i want to live there.. in many Years.. My Girlfirends, frien her father is a boss by Toyota :-)

So i want to drive an AE-86 Levin or Trueno but i think i want to get a Levin first. All my Friends say this car is Junkyard... i was upset when i heard that.....

i am the only person by my friends where finding the AE-86 great, so i drive this car in further time.. i dont care how many Days, months it costs to find a AE-86.. I will do it ;-)

okay thats me and dont be mad at me because my english...

greeetz Benni
Find all posts by this user
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi Benni.

I think that everyone has the same problem. All of my friends wonder why i spend so much money on "a pile of crap". Cool

Just wait until you lose your friends around the corners, a big heavy audi or bmw is not match for a hachi Big Grin .

Hints for buying a hachi: Dont worry about the condition of the engine so much. It is much harder to fix the body than the engine. I would rather buy a hachi with a non-running engine and no rust than a hachi with an engine and rust in the arches.

ps - your english is fine, as long as we know what you mean! you don't want to hear me try speaking german!! Huh

Current Cars:
'86 SE82 FX GT
'88 NZ New KE70 Van (Daily)
11-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Again welcome Benni,

Good luck in your hunt for an AE86, like I said in your wanted thread, don't go wild on searching for a Trueno, a Levin drives just as great and in time you might even fall in love with it just the same. Like NZ said, its much more important to find a good as possible car, rust is the major thing to look out for. Engine's can be fixed, if you really want a Levin front can be swapped for a Trueno, but rust keeps comming back to haunt you...

And even the english on this board can't agree on what proper english is all about so don't worry about spelling mistakes Wink

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-21-2006, 11:41 AM
okay thanks i think.. i start with a Levin and than as a hobby car i buy a Trueno than i got a nice Present for my Girlfiend.. i hope she like that car.. i dont ask her :-)

Greetz Benni
11-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Maybe you could buy one off this guy and import from New Zealand Huh http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3148/toybox4zh.jpg... @sshole.

Seriously though, there are about an equal ratio of truenos and levins here, and for you the only expensive part is importing. Especially if you buy a hachi go. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing....&key=32848 <---- currently 553.024 EUR

The two things that are below par in an ae85 is the engine and the rear axle. To fix the axle a favourite thing to do here in NZ is to buy a toyota hilux lsd rear end and modify it to fit. It's nigh on indestructable and has disc brakes. The engine is also a fairly easy swap to a 4age.

Current Cars:
'86 SE82 FX GT
'88 NZ New KE70 Van (Daily)
11-21-2006, 09:56 PM
hmm lokk nice this AE85.. i make a zhink of that is that okay?

greeets Benni
11-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Dont let your friends and everyone else know how fooking cool an ae86 is!

That's our only hope that the Hatchies wont be ridiculous expensive in Germany and then we Dutchies can buy those cars in Germany very cheap! Thumbs up! Tongue

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

No more Panda..
Tricolor bastard!

If it 'aint broke, fix it 'til it is
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2006, 10:37 PM
I got the same problem with some friends/at work who said bad about my hachi when I just bought it. They said I bought funny stupid old car and more bad about it.
I feel a bit stupid at that time, but this forum make me feel better and I just ignore them as long as I can.
But nowdays they wont say that anymore even feel themself stupid about what they said about my car earlier. One of them even said sorry because of one of his friends involve with drift thing and told him that my car one of popular drift car Tongue I just smile and drinking coffee, after few second he asked me if I want to sell my car to him, I just laughing and just said... 'drive your opel till you die'

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
11-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Lol...nice comeback Big Grin

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
11-22-2006, 12:57 AM
whahah had the same thing.
Everbody tells me "What the fuck do you want with a '85 year car. For that price you can buy 8 years yonger... " blablablabla... When they drove with me in de car, the opinion changes. "Woow that's a cool car mate!" One of my best friend wants one too LOL.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Thats me :-)]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe