Speeduino?
08-10-2023, 12:03 PM
Speeduino?
Has anyone gone the Speeduino route of engine management?
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2023, 02:01 PM
Speeduino?
I've only gotten to the building it part.. There was a scandinavian guy on youtube building one for an AE86 IIRC..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-10-2023, 04:16 PM
Speeduino?
(08-10-2023 02:01 PM)Ivan141 Wrote:  I've only gotten to the building it part.. There was a scandinavian guy on youtube building one for an AE86 IIRC..

cool!, are you going coil-over-plug?
Can you use many of the oem sensors?
Are you doing your own wiring?

As it stands, I'm wiring for the 20v to work with the original ecu, just to get the engine running (whenever it's built)...apparently it CAN run cops, but only in a batch fire arrangement - not ideal I know

Have you detailed your work on here anywhere?

ps. sorry for all the questions
08-11-2023, 01:02 AM
Speeduino?
Is that the Roadworthy ish guy?
08-11-2023, 09:14 AM
Speeduino?
Are you going coil-over-plug?
Yes, that is the intention.
Can you use many of the oem sensors?
You can, IAT, MAP, TPS should all be fine as long as you calibrate them properly.
I want ITB's though, have a homebrew quad-MAP sensor board I plan to use for that (allows you to take the strongest vacuum signal per cylinder instead of evening them all out against eachother with a plenum).
Are you doing your own wiring?
Yes, I have been busy rewiring and rewrapping every loom in the car. Adding stuff as needed. My plan is to add a big connector in the engine loom and prepare the additional wiring to that connector so I can just swap the engine looms around later.

And yes, it is Roadworthyish on Youtube indeed.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-11-2023, 10:12 AM
Speeduino?
Ah, interesting..... So are you sending 4 individual pressure readings to the ecu?
08-12-2023, 08:13 PM
Speeduino?
Nah, the idea is to take the strongest signal at any point in time, so you get overlapped signals from each cylinder.
The basic principle has been tried before and has been reported to work great, but it's an expensive solution so you dont see this around commercially.
The commonly used sensors are like 20+ euro a piece these days, so I found some alternatives at about 5 euro's each that need a custom built manifold (because no hose barbs).
I have my board set up to be able to use it both fully analog (just a bunch of diodes and an amplifier), and have also put a microcontroller on there so I
can do digital acquisition and signal treatment if necessary.
Might also double as a good tool for throttle synchronisation if I can output the individual signals.. I have built in an option to have a CAN bus expansion board, that might be a usecase.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!