Soo.. Im back! Kinda!
06-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Soo.. Im back! Kinda!
Thanks for fixing the video!

F20C was a let down, wasnt that much quicker than my 4AGE and the car didnt handle the same at all. Spend the money on building a good 4AG instead of swapping the motor.

Driftworks - JSPFab.com - DangerStyle - NightSpirit
Find all posts by this user
07-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Soo.. Im back! Kinda!
I was driving home a few weeks ago and the car cut out and stopped on the side of the road.. I popped the bonnet and saw the cam timing had jumped ALOT of teeth so i figured the tensioner had got tired... So i whipped the belt off, set the timing again and fired it back up and it ran again no worries..

Gave it a quick rev an a bad noise came from the head and the timing jumped aload of teeth again.. Hmm.. Not good. The exhaust cam had just seized in the head and the intake cam was physically squeeking when you spun it. Not good. Pulled cam covers, yep, the cams were bollocksed, some of the cam caps were just destroyed and it was obvious that there was no oil getting to the head. One dead 4ag! I suspected oil pump but i later discovered the oil cooler lines had failed and had filled them selves up with... Them selves! The oil cooler, lines and remote filter kit were filled with rubber from the insides of the braided lines, blocking one line completely.

So anyway i stuck a Small Port AE92 motor in there which we had the pleasure of pulling out of an AE92 in some guys back yard one afternoon, Craig and Phil from DynoTorque Tig'd up the intake manifold to make it RWD in about 5 seconds and away it went!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Soo..  Im back!  Kinda!]

I also stuck in a new inputshaft seal on the gearbox while the motor was out (thanks Betty!) and put Prothane Polybushes in the 4 links while i was there, the axle feels attached to the car now which is nice... And finally painted that stupid Roll Cage!

Here is how it sits now...

Seems to run OK! But i've still got alooooot of work to do to get it where im happy! But atleast i can get back out on the track now, once i've sorted some oil cooler lines!

Cheers

Driftworks - JSPFab.com - DangerStyle - NightSpirit
07-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Soo.. Im back! Kinda!
Sucks about the motor .

Been following your build on DW . Rollcage looks good painted .

ハチロク

07-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Soo.. Im back! Kinda!
thumbs up!

Gtsi-R

"Trust me, I was an engineer"
"straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Portuguese AE86 with drum brakes in the back?? rodri_vp 18 5,531 11-27-2022 08:56 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Guys, Friends. I'M BACK !!! MC_JP 3 5,188 09-15-2014 04:38 PM
Last Post: MC_JP
  Full Titanium Cat Back Systems: AE86 brothers, your support OnBail 9 10,298 12-27-2012 04:15 AM
Last Post: OnBail
  Back from Japan robokill 32 31,792 11-23-2009 06:10 PM
Last Post: Gtsi-R
  Site is back up Jan Pedersen 8 8,098 08-10-2009 01:34 PM
Last Post: Hachi