Senna's project that was [UPDATED]
10-10-2005, 11:32 PM
@the docter, your not supposed to post pictures of someone elses car without first asking them, in this case me, that picture is my car being transported. haha! Smile Can you please tell me where the firewall starts. Is that under the windscreen? If the chasis can be worked out, the rest will be a laugh for me. Putting on some fenders, lights and a bonnet means 10min of work.
@JonT So you basicly say i need to weld in another front?

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2005, 11:34 PM
senna Wrote:@the docter, your not supposed to post pictures of someone elses car without first asking them, in this case me, that picture is my car being transported. haha! Smile Can you please tell me where the firewall starts. Is that under the windscreen? If the chasis can be worked out, the rest will be a laugh for me. Putting on some fenders, lights and a bonnet means 10min of work.

Yes, the firewall separates the engine bay from the passenger cell. It is under the window!
Hope it is Ok!!!

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Well, then i'm getting some hope again. They can "unbend" a chasis?
the welding of a new front seems like a lot of work/money.
And thanks for the support and the sympathy.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
10-10-2005, 11:53 PM
senna Wrote:@the docter, your not supposed to post pictures of someone elses car without first asking them, in this case me, that picture is my car being transported. haha! Smile Can you please tell me where the firewall starts. Is that under the windscreen? If the chasis can be worked out, the rest will be a laugh for me. Putting on some fenders, lights and a bonnet means 10min of work.
@JonT So you basicly say i need to weld in another front?

i thought yours was black?

//edit: after looking better on your pics i see it Blush
It is indeed yours.

Sorry man, didn't recognize it as your hachi, because i always thougt yours was black Blush

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
10-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Hehe, just messings with you, i just thought it was funny seeing that pic. I made some pics as well, but that was when the car was just put on the ambulance. Did you make this pic yourself?

10-11-2005, 12:03 AM
no, someone on another forum spotted the car.
Somewhere between arnhem and zutphen if i'm not mistaking

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
10-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Fucking hell Maarten, what happened? Judging from where the car was spotted I guess you lost her on the nurburgring or somewhere on the way to or from it. If the suspension towers are not bent to you might be able to have it pulled back into shape. Take of all the damaged stuff from the front and post some pics man.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Ivan, no it was something very different but I'll let senna say it if he feels like it.

Senna, you are going to make robokill very upset, when did you paint your car partly white?!?! Robo thought he had the first panda in NL but it seems that you sorta was the first thenSmile

How bad is the damage to the car? It looks like the engine may have had a big jolt aswell so I wonder if the running gear is still usable. In that case you need a whole new front for your car. If I remember correctly the rear was a bit on the rusty side aswell.. So I guess you have two options:
1) strip the car, weld on a new front, properly fix and paint it
2) get another one and strip this car for spare parts, put the bits you like from your car on the new car, and sell the rest and make some money

Just make an overview of what the options would costs you.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
10-11-2005, 09:24 AM
I would get a new car and part this one out I think...there are some decent chassis' for sale in germany (if they arent sold by now)...you could make a clean start. Your suspension/differential/seats etc could all be transferred. But if you want to go this route you have to act fast.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Oh no. It's a trueno. Banging head
So sorry.
I'm sad.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam's white, rusty levin...updated 23-09-2018!! adomz 150 138,484 09-23-2018 05:14 PM
Last Post: adomz
  RT's Levin from Azores (1st post updated 2015) RT 66 76,349 08-07-2015 09:15 PM
Last Post: banpei
  AE86 RESTAURACION FROM GUATEMALA SWAP 3SGTE updated Jan-2011 CIVER 44 68,512 03-09-2015 03:52 PM
Last Post: RT
  My AE (updated 09/14/11) MrAE86 11 16,738 09-14-2011 10:29 PM
Last Post: MrAE86
  My project is finally drivable ***updated pics*** 3/31/09 pandae86hid 23 19,691 04-01-2009 12:25 AM
Last Post: skj0lsvik