SC/TURBO axle & spool kit GTS
10-17-2008, 07:51 AM
Another first brought to you by Weir Performance. We often get asked by customers for a stronger axle shaft for the GTS. We decided to answer the call with our new “SC/TURBO” axle & spool kit. Designed to handle the added power of a super charger or turbo, these axles are 30mm dia. at the spline compared to a kouki axle, which is 25mm. These axles are even larger than the ’79-’81 supra, which are 28mm at the spline. The SC/TURBO axles in combination with our special heavy-duty spool can easily handle up to 350HP! The best part, NO HOUSING MODS REQUIRED and accepts factory brakes!

The axles come fully assembled with new Koyo bearings, new axle retainers, extended wheel studs and axle seals. You will have to install the spool into your third member, then simply replace your O.E.M. shafts with our SC/TURBO axles and re-install your brakes. Keep in mind, this kit is designed for serious racing use only, not intended for daily drivers!

kouki axle, SC/TURBO axle
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - SC/TURBO axle & spool kit GTS]

Complete kit

SC/TURBO axle & spool kit, available NOW! $867.46

Spence Weir
WPE LLC
707-315-6638
USA
Find all posts by this user
10-17-2008, 08:04 AM
But what with differential? Great idea, but obviousely you have to change the whole unit Dumb question

Vladimir

N/A for life...
10-17-2008, 10:14 AM
The spool he is referring to is that black thing in the middle. It is the professional equivalent of a welded diff. (much lighter though).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Is there a possibility of using a LSD with this?

Speed Industries
Hurdnerwaeldlistr. 73
8808 Pfaeffikon
Switzerland
e-mail: [email protected]
phone: +4155 420 15 69
page: http://www.speed-industries.ch
MSN: [email protected]

We have all the parts your Hachi needs
10-17-2008, 10:06 PM
If you can do side gear for TRD, Tomei, Kaaz, etc.. LSD it can be realy cool Smile
10-17-2008, 10:12 PM
We are working on doing this same upgrade for LSD's. TRD will be the first LSD we will make this fit, Kaaz, Tomei will be next. We will post when it's ready. Thanks,

Spence Weir
WPE LLC
707-315-6638
10-18-2008, 04:53 PM
AWESOME!! Its great o finally see that their is someone out there willing to manufacture upgrades for the relatively "weak-link" in the AE86 running gear. however, the main problem we find on drift cars be it 4ag powered or sr20, s2k etc is not drive shaft problems but Crown wheel and pinion problems?? the pinion bearings cannot handle the power and fail.

I for example cudnt keep gearboxes in my 4ag powered AE86 so now i have upgraded to a W Series supra 5 speed box which is brilliant because i can safely say it will never break within reason. but now i have just pushed the problem further back and its only a matter of time before i start getting final drive issues....ohh and for the record, i have NEVER broken a shaft in my life.

Cool

At last Itsuki is gone.....:o)

Who the hell is Itekani??

lol...Wataru! ????
10-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Ian - AE86 Wrote:AWESOME!! Its great o finally see that their is someone out there willing to manufacture upgrades for the relatively "weak-link" in the AE86 running gear. however, the main problem we find on drift cars be it 4ag powered or sr20, s2k etc is not drive shaft problems but Crown wheel and pinion problems?? the pinion bearings cannot handle the power and fail.

I for example cudnt keep gearboxes in my 4ag powered AE86 so now i have upgraded to a W Series supra 5 speed box which is brilliant because i can safely say it will never break within reason. but now i have just pushed the problem further back and its only a matter of time before i start getting final drive issues....ohh and for the record, i have NEVER broken a shaft in my life.

Cool

Well, you are right that the AE86 does have a problem within the differential. However, the problem is not the pinion bearings, the problem is the weak factory crush sleeve. We have been replacing the factory crush sleeve for quite some time now, replacing it with our solid spacer and have eliminated this problem completly. We have not a single customer who has failed a ring and pinion since.

One thing to keep in mind, The pinion shaft itself is larger in diameter than the o.e.m. axle shafts, zenki or kouki. The ring and pinion gears multiply the torque being applied by the pinion shaft and send this torque to the axle shafts through the differential or spool. Lets say you have 100 ft. lbs. of torque applied to the pinion gear, multiply this by the gear ratio, say 4.778. You then have 478 ft. lbs. of torque being applied to the axle shaft itself. Way more torque than the pinion shaft, and the axle is smaller in diameter then the pinion shaft. So, you should be breaking axles before ring and pinion gears, period.

Check here for more info on the solid spacer, it sounds like you need one installed in your rear. Keep in mind it does have to be installed correctly in order to work correctly!
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=31174

Spence Weir
WPE LLC
707-315-6638
10-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I almost forgot to add this. The differential bearings of the 6.7" toyota are the same as the 7.5" chrysler. Also, the GM 8.2" shares all of the same bearings as well, except for the inner pinion which is slightly larger than the 6.7" toyota. Now, here is the shocker, the 9" ford inner pinion bearing is smaller than the inner of the 6.7" toyota, the outer 9" bearing is slightly larger than the 6.7" toyota only because the 9" uses the same bearing inner and outer and the 6.7" has slightly smaller outer. Interesting info I thought people should know.

Spence Weir
WPE LLC
707-315-6638
09-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Excellent idea, but the problem is, that my 5,375 r+p is even weaker than the axle shafts, so i guess i have to cheange to another axle...

Regards,
raki

http://www.sg-rallyesport.de

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shift Gear Clothing - Toyota, Mazda, Turbo, various tomstwincam 16 18,358 07-09-2012 03:37 AM
Last Post: tomstwincam
  Project Mu&Spirits-AutoWork crossover Big Brake Kit For Spirits Racing 6 8,569 06-13-2011 07:55 PM
Last Post: Spirits Racing
  GTS MAXGRIP LSD rebuild kit WeirPerformance 2 7,414 04-20-2009 05:44 PM
Last Post: eg6maxx