Racecar for sale
04-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Racecar for sale
(04-16-2014 12:57 PM)totta Crolla Wrote:  I'd like to see your car.
If you ever get to Silverstone can you let me know ?

Will do I was thinking of doing time attack at Silverstone they use the national circuit
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2014, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 06:31 PM by NoHachi.)
Racecar for sale
Oh dear, Denis Bassom's Levin. The closest thing to an N2 spec car on this side of the globe, probably the single best prepared AE86 in the western hemisphere actually. Nice buy!

It always had a hard time competing with other Thunder Saloon (?) cars in its class due to AE86s relatively high engine placement. Think it did end up a front runner after the very long development cycle it went through.

congrats.

By the way, isn't the engine supposed to be a development of the Formula atlantic one it used to have? Something about the atlantic engines dynoing well below the advertised spec?

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
05-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Racecar for sale
(04-29-2014 06:28 PM)NoHachi Wrote:  Oh dear, Denis Bassom's Levin. The closest thing to an N2 spec car on this side of the globe, probably the single best prepared AE86 in the western hemisphere actually. Nice buy!

It always had a hard time competing with other Thunder Saloon (?) cars in its class due to AE86s relatively high engine placement. Think it did end up a front runner after the very long development cycle it went through.

congrats.

By the way, isn't the engine supposed to be a development of the Formula atlantic one it used to have? Something about the atlantic engines dynoing well below the advertised spec?

The new engine has more low down torque as Formula atlantic engines were build for very light single seater cars,there are a few videos on you tube of it running in classic saloon series etc. I have run it twice now once at Brands hatch in the rain and castle combe last weekend in the rain again. Very pleased with the car but not taking any chances with it for now. Only one spin out so far Angel
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Racecar for sale]
AE86 Brands Hatch Front by [email protected], on Flickr

AE86 Brands Hatch by [email protected], on Flickr

Topgear review the AE86 Race car by [email protected], on Flickr
05-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Racecar for sale
Top gear review? Awesome! Hope they wont be taking a dump on it because it isn't british.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Racecar for sale
(05-13-2014 12:39 PM)Ivan141 Wrote:  Top gear review? Awesome! Hope they wont be taking a dump on it because it isn't british.
My thoughts exactly. Wink
On the other hand: Jeremy was lyrical about the GT86, so perhaps he is even happier with its origins. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Racecar for sale
Wow, I have to see the footage of that Top Gear Review. I want to hear what Top Gear people says about one of the most amazing race AE86 of europe!
Where would it be watchable?

Quote:β€œThe One With The Stronger Heart, Always Wins The Battle!!!”
Let's Go Out of Here..... Together.....
β€œ1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86!”
05-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Racecar for sale
It will be part of the new series Wings and sightings I was also was on the track with them you may see me pass the MG and Peugeot at speed

Jeremy Clarkson sounded pro AE86 Richard and James would have taken the opposite view as always

Japfest_2014_093 by [email protected], on Flickr
12-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Racecar for sale
We had another track day at Brands Hatch this time it was dry so the slicks could go on for the first time Smile
Best lap 54 seconds

The other driver who has a international C racing licence managed to pass a new R35 GTR and a Posche GT3 in doing so

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)