Possible body change/modification, need help.
11-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi all.

I`ve seen TRD body parts for sale... okay who hasnt.. but i.. ugh... instead of going through all the techno babble, I`ll just quote my grandpa: Don`t do anything fancy, just pick up the hammer and hit the nail till the S.O.B is down... In other words.. what are you people thinking about this:

Is it possible to convert an ae86 levin coupe from this rear end:
[img name=]http://www.aeu86.org/files/ae/ae86_coupe_516.jpg[/img]

To this AE86 GTS Coupe levin TRD type rear end?
[img name=]http://www.aeu86.org/files/ae/ae86_gts_coupe_562.jpg[/img]
I mean, I know that it can be done, anything can be done, question is $$$$$$$ But without risking having the car illegal for daily commuter driving ? (Ofcourse I`ll drive fast with it now and then hehe.) Does anyone have any experience in this type of mod as far as law and rules are concerned?

Imagine Tsuchiyas TRD AE86 (Go to youtube and search for KT AE86 Drift Show, and yes I`ve seen that vid so many times I remember the name of it.)

But without black bonnet/hood or flip up headlights (Maybe if I dont have to slaughter another ae86.) rims would prefferably be original ones or watanabe type that we already know is a good substance for lacking original rims, but 22 inch 20 inch wide enkei pimp-and-uglify-my-24-year-old-coupe (Like this: http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f354/C...c_2_lg.jpg
or this: http://a428.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/ima...a6354b.jpg is completely out of the question...)

Well, thats all for now, if anyone knows if this is an applicable mod (Without taking a GT-S chassis or downside of not being able to have the car eligible for commuter driving.) Please do answer, or if you wish to comment on my idea or... anything at all actually..

As for engine mods, if anyone is interested in my view on the matter, original isnt too bad, Webers or MC carburettors with a AE92 block, more durable camshaft, etc, is optimal. I certainly dont wanna go over 250 (And that is truly at the limit, speaking of experience, 200 would be completely max and optimal.) experiences from driving V8 powered 4WD`s like 247 CID V8 S6 and S8 is a constant positive reminder that response time and just above sufficient torque for car weight is alot more handier when a situation, the type: Life or death. Is arising, would be alot safer than coping with turbo lagg. Plus it`s cheaper on insurance, gasoline. And its easier on tires, and perfect HP amount for the kind of.. excuse me.. crappy roads around here. I`ve seen some turbo charged ae86`s but I`d rather have extra longevity of engine than torque and acceleration that I feel that I am not yet ready for..

Sincerely Yours

R21

Edited cuz of a couple of typos.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

1x AE86 84` Zenki Coupè Levin 4A-GE 20v
1x AE86 83' Zenki Coupe Levin 4A-GE 16v
1x TA60 82' Sedan 2T 8V
1x TA40 78` MK1 Zenk/Pre-Facelift Wagon 4A-GE 16v
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Forget about it...

-Parts are extremely expensive, some are not even available anymore.
-You'd be rebuilding everything from the rear seats back, BIG job.

Want my advice, buy a hatchback if that's what you like, slap all the good bits on it and be happy.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help identifying this! takumi_mt 4 241 04-05-2024 09:17 AM
Last Post: takumi_mt
  TRD ECU need help ps13michi 5 2,744 02-18-2022 10:42 AM
Last Post: ps13michi
  Need some help DJexor 4 4,804 03-13-2018 05:37 PM
Last Post: pack
  JDM trueno not starting. need help! kazi 8 7,776 03-12-2017 05:05 PM
Last Post: kazi