New Anime: Wangan Midnight
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Spitfire Wrote:... I only hope it wont make Wangan racing as mainstream as Initial D made drifting and touge Undecided

Huh?! Ó.ó Initial D...mainstream?! I don´t know where you come from...but here in Germany nearly no one knows what it is! ^^
Find all posts by this user
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
momo-gt Wrote:
Spitfire Wrote:... I only hope it wont make Wangan racing as mainstream as Initial D made drifting and touge Undecided

Huh?! Ó.ó Initial D...mainstream?! I don´t know where you come from...but here in Germany nearly no one knows what it is! ^^
Same in Holland, but among anime lovers everyone knows what it is. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - New Anime: Wangan Midnight]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Jezza_hr Wrote:My opinion so far, is that it's not as in depth as Initial D. Where is the back story for the drivers skill (If thats what you need to drive in a straight line?)?, where is the build up to a race? Why is the car haunted? I'm going to continue watching it as it's entertaining. To me though, it's Initial D lite with a gorgeous Datsun

I agree!It's nothing like Initial D, but it's pretty good...

JapanPower

UoP Racing website
UoP Racing videos

Racing, because football, basketball, tennis & golf only require ONE ball....
06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
If anybody is interested here are the torrents for episodes

Links removed by admin (banpei)
06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Let's quote the rules one more time:
rules Wrote:There is one exception to this rule: we do allow posting of unlicensed material in raw format. We do not allow fansubbed material due to the fact that the line between copyright violation and fansubs is very thin. Besides that are fansubs bad for DVD sales, if the series eventually will be released. Our opinion is that the raws should make it viewable enough. If the unlicensed material will be licensed we will remove links and details from the posts.

See also here:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/forum-rules/t/9

06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Sorry.
Torrents are legal by laws that cover internet, so I thought that it will be ok to post them.

If anybody is interested in torrents, visit idforums.net
06-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Sorry, but there is no such thing as "laws that cover internet". It is true that is some cases, like torrents, it is hard to see whether the torrentfiles itself are legal or not but mostly it depends per country.

And that is the main problem: there are no "laws that cover the internet" so it is very hard to prove that something is illegal or not. If there were "laws that covered the internet" they probably already would have said it is illegal to download copyrighted material no matter what and where. Too much money involved and too much pressure from the (entertainment) industry.

Take the Piratebay for instance: they haven't been convicted yet, but does that mean it is completely legal to host or link to torrents? No it is not. Does that mean they can convict me for linking to torrents on this forum? No, not yet but I'd rather keep it that way. Wink

That's the whole reason we decided that direct links to torrents are not allowed, however if you say that you can find them at a certain website it is not a problem at all. That's the reason why we did not censor the link by The Big Yin:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/72878#72878

Edit: sorry to preach in this topic. Blush

06-27-2007, 07:06 AM
S30 Z series... They are cars I have looked at even before this anime. Around these parts there are a lot of people that put a smallblock V8 under the hood of those things, making them to fast for words. That's what caught my attention here anyways.

Personally? If I had the money, I'd put a skyline block in that thing... Keep true to the brand, and have a sick ammount of horsepower on tap. Plus I think that the 6 inline turbo's sound SICK under boost...

Funny that the car is blue metallic... That would have been my color of choice aswell... Thumbs up!

Justice to All
06-27-2007, 09:36 AM
JTA,

Have you ever seen this project then? : http://www.voodoo-people.com/~daz/mull/wmv/
(or search for Datsum MULL on google)
Unfortunately it hasn't been updated lately.

Watched the first two episodes last night finally. The anime looks smashing, beautifully made, not completely sure about the story yet, we'll have to see how it develops. Reminded me alot of Shuto Trials, many elements seem to be taken from it.

Need to get more episodesSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Owh and for people that want to know where the story goes:

http://www.wangan-midnight.com/index.html

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad