NL: Robert
09-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Regarding the brakes one area to check is the one way valve in line to the booster. If it's leaking you won't have proper vacuum and therfore less braking power.
Or as said something else could be off.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the input!
I don't think i'll be buying this one anyway. I believe that the selling price doesn't represent the condition of the car.
It was a good first experience and I do think it is in good mechanical condition in general. But it needs to much work for my standards.
Don't mind putting in the work or money, but not with this selling price.

@Banpei: thanks for the explanation about the chassis numbers, but don't see a similar one to what i've sent you.
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2019, 03:52 PM
(09-04-2019 01:28 PM)r.ave Wrote:  @Banpei: thanks for the explanation about the chassis numbers, but don't see a similar one to what i've sent you.
Correct, but I think that plate was issued by the RDW and not by Toyota.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - NL: Robert]
09-05-2019, 11:14 AM
How does that work then?
Checking it again, it has Dutch and French on it...strange.
09-05-2019, 05:32 PM
I thought so... Only the Belgians did their own chassis plate as far as I know.
So it must be a Belgian car originally.

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
09-09-2019, 08:25 PM
(09-05-2019 05:32 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  I thought so... Only the Belgians did their own chassis plate as far as I know.
So it must be a Belgian car originally.
That explains why it's a 1984 car but only was registered in 1986

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
09-19-2019, 04:55 PM
You might be right Banpei!

In the meanwhile I've been searching the internet for a decent car.
I find it quite disappointing how brief all adds are and the lack of pictures amazed me.

But there were a few that drew my attention.
A rebuilt Levin Hatchback in Portugal with some nice tweeks allready done to an Irish Trueno Coupe (JDM Import) and an imported (from portugal) Levin hatch in the Netherlands.

A friend helped me get in contact with the company in Portugal (as he is Portuguese) but by the time they responded, it was reserved for another foreign customer.

Then the Irish coupe, partly stripped, trd-ish wing, bucket seat, aftermarket digital dash, different front and back wheels. Price seemed ok based on the pictures. Eventually I got the seller to talk/write about it after i said i wasn't coming over based on "its mint" All pictures were good, video was also added and it sounded very raspy.
Unfortunately he had some issues with his family so it was hard to get in touch and make an appointment with him.

While making arrangements for a visit to Ireland I visited the Dutch car. Priced at the top of the market so I just went there to compare it to the first one i visited a few weeks ago and as a benchmark for everything i was going to look at. I did explain the seller upfront that I wasn't buying the car, just doing research. He was fine with that and was happy to show me the car and drive me arround.

Imported 3 years ago from France and 5 years before that from Portugal. With 'only' 119k km's on it. Even though it cant be proven due to the lack of history with it, you could definitly believe its true. With only minor age things and a small dent this thing is almost in showroom condition.

3 days later I was able to take it for a testdrive myself.....Huh

09-19-2019, 11:02 PM
So are congratulations in order?

AE86 ex-daily
09-20-2019, 08:50 AM
Well its not registered in my name yet, but don't think i'm going to miss out on this one Tongue
09-20-2019, 09:19 AM
Congratulations then Hurray!

AE86 ex-daily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robert in Japan EP Importers 1 4,364 06-22-2022 11:15 AM
Last Post: EP Importers