NCRCA discussion
06-06-2007, 09:54 AM
NCRCA discussion
Yeah, with camberplates instaled you than at least have a decent option for "tuning" the balance of the car other than tyre pressure. (If you dont have adjustable shocks ofcourse).
Find all posts by this user
06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
NCRCA discussion
Technicaly speaking - NRCAs can be made using the same equipment as one for RCA units. But I don't know anything about the dimensions (esp. "offset") - maybe it's wise to discuss these a little with NoHachi and someone who already have NRCAs (It will be fine if someone share impressions and experience with these).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
NCRCA discussion
I don't think NCRCA's are a very smart solution. People mostly using their cars for street and only occasional track/race probably wont like too much camber (maybe -1 to -1.5 degrees). The problem with ncrca's is that you cant have just a little neg. camber because the bolts need to be atleast some some apart so they hold.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - NCRCA discussion]

Theese are T3 products, and they specify -2.8 degrees at 2'' drop in addition to what ever camber you already have. which makes it more than -3 degrees. which is a bit much for road i think. as you can see those bolts cant be much much closer together..

But for people who would like to have more neg. camber, people who race often and do trackdays, it is only sensible that you have an adjustuble camber angle so you can find whatever suits you best, maybe even change camber depending on the track, or how brave youre feeling Big Grin

So the NCRCA's are trapped somewhere in between on the no mans land.. And if you check the prices from T3. NCRCA's cost 130$, Camber plates 180$ which is less than 40 eur difference..

And in addition NCRCA's widen the front track lenght for whatewer offset you might be running on those things, which means you need lower ET wheels in the back to maintain the OEM "track spacing" balance (given that you would actually like to do that). If not for more concrete reasons, than just for the looks Big Grin
06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
NCRCA discussion
I can't agree with you Apolan. Your post is based on more presumptions but none of them are based on me. Smile
I use my hachiroku only for drifting where this camber might be enough but not that much (not for street, true). $130 vs $180 is not true since with camber plates you still need simple RCAs...otherwise you wouldn't need NCRCAs neither.
So...it's not exactly how you think.

With NCRCAs you get negative camber and wider front track and eliminate the bump steer effect all this for one price. Although you won't get any adjustability.
With RCAs and camber plates you keep the front track as before, you can adjust the camber as you wish and eliminate the bump steer effect as well. But all this for a higher price.
It means that you have to pay a little(?) more if you want your front adjustable and streetable. But why if you don't need this two opportunities?

1987 Toyota Corolla GT coupe - for holidays oversteer
2005 Toyota Corolla - for daily understeer
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM
NCRCA discussion
Good point Sutter. I was a bit eager to make some conclusions based on my desires/plans etc.. i agree NCRCA's are a great solution if your car is one-purpose specific and if you are 100% certoin you need exactly this much camber angle, not more not less.. But i think you can be 100% sure only after you test many different setups.
06-06-2007, 12:34 PM
NCRCA discussion
I splitted this out, very interesting discussion but not something to be placed within a commercial sales threadSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM
NCRCA discussion
Mux213 Wrote:I splitted this out, very interesting discussion but not something to be placed within a commercial sales threadSmile

The stuff is named NCRCA not NRCA by Negative Camber Roll Center Adjuster. Smile

Apolan, yes, this is a good point indeed. Namely that you can't be sure how much camber you need unless you try more setups. Although this is really true I can't try every single tuning parts in my hachiroku and after trying it decide if I need it so I would loose a lot of money. So I keep on listening what the other drifters and smart guys talking about, which is the best drift setup for the hachi.
For e.g. I won't try many different spring rates, I simply install the 8F/6R combo which is very commonly used for drifting.

1987 Toyota Corolla GT coupe - for holidays oversteer
2005 Toyota Corolla - for daily understeer
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
NCRCA discussion
Oops, typo

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ncrca limit? Syr 2 3,902 03-14-2014 11:45 AM
Last Post: Bean
  co idle mixture - discussion Apsogos 12 11,902 07-13-2012 02:31 PM
Last Post: Apsogos
  intake runner lenght with ITBs discussion Bean 30 39,725 03-27-2010 07:45 AM
Last Post: 4000GT
  4AGE engine tuning discussion robokill 61 64,641 07-01-2008 03:41 PM
Last Post: Miguel - Newera
  High engine oil temps - oil cooler discussion SutteR 28 20,934 06-08-2008 11:23 PM
Last Post: eight-six