My Project - XE86
11-24-2005, 01:13 PM
My Project - XE86
Pale green? I dunno...
I have seen a coupe in Project Mu green-blueish livery before .. Now that catches the eye like nothing else!

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-13-2005, 04:26 PM
My Project - XE86
Car went into my mates garage ( M. R. Tuning, Silverstone) last night and he's planning to have it all finished by the weekend! Big Grin Big Grin Yey! I'm excited. Will keep you guys informed with pics etc.
Find all posts by this user
12-13-2005, 08:52 PM
My Project - XE86
Wiring is all finished! The DTA loom wasn't labelled so we had to track all the wires down and also find the original Toyota wires for things like ignition, fuel pump relays etc.

Engine out tomorrow I think to do the internals! Smile
12-21-2005, 12:43 AM
My Project - XE86
Engine all built and ready for the modified sump to be fitted. Hydraulic telescopic clutch needs a bit of machining to fit properly but is a simple job. Exhaust manifold needs a little bit of fettling to make it exit at the correct angle, gearbox mount all welded up and ready for powder, engine mounts need a little bit more bracing for ultimate strength then powder, all new belts fitted, all new pulleys, idlers etc, new water pump and oil pump. When it's on it bottom we'll probably replace headgasket, cam cover gaskets etc.

Pics:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - My Project - XE86]
12-21-2005, 09:37 AM
My Project - XE86
Nice work...that's quite a project when you look at it with these pictures.
The bell housing looks huge. What car was the donor for the gearbox you use?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-21-2005, 03:25 PM
My Project - XE86
Cough cough... Sierra Cough cough

It's just a normal 2 Liter Sierra box, but I've had a bit of luck with sponsorship so I might have a Quaiffe box in there soon! They want me to get the car built and show them what I can do before they will agree to anything, which is fair enough!

Bellhousing is a custom made item which is mainly used to kitcars like Lotus 7 etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project XE86 is almost finished! (56K run and hide) Mr Doricar 4 7,098 11-07-2006 10:48 AM
Last Post: nmwisima