MAPed Blue Top Swap, NOT staying running! Please Help?!
05-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Yah I think my timing is pretty much right on now and I only had a few minutes to work on it, however I took the TPS off the Japanese motor and it was completely shot.. the spring/'s were not working at all so I replaced it with the one on my GTS motor and that helped abit. Now It seems like for sure a fuel problem or if anything it maybe the ECU however I hate to come to that conclusion yet.
Find all posts by this user
05-15-2008, 06:45 PM
If it was your ECU it probably wouldnt fire up all together...been there. Dunno for sure, but I think the ignition on an ae86 wont work without the ECU.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:If it was your ECU it probably wouldnt fire up all together...been there. Dunno for sure, but I think the ignition on an ae86 wont work without the ECU.
hmm thats a good point.. Prehapps.. it would be better to run high inpendence injectors? or is the bluetop supposed to have the Low Inpendence injectors? im trying to narrow out a few things.. Was thinking that maybe the cause of no fuel leaving the FPR might mean that its ohming or sending to high of voltage to the injectors tell it to run to rich or something?
05-15-2008, 10:45 PM
The old bluetop has high impedance injectors.. my car does not have a resistor pack. The later models with low impedance injectors are used as high-impedance ones by the addition of a resistor pack. So yes, I would say you need to run high-impedance at all times, be it through the use of a resistor pack, or just high impedance injectors.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:The old bluetop has high impedance injectors.. my car does not have a resistor pack. The later models with low impedance injectors are used as high-impedance ones by the addition of a resistor pack. So yes, I would say you need to run high-impedance at all times, be it through the use of a resistor pack, or just high impedance injectors.

That is so wierd that my Japanese motor seems to have the low impedance injectors and seems to have no plug on the harness for the Resistor pack. Confused Odd but maybe I will hook that back up and try again later and see how it acts now that I have a good TPS on it.
05-16-2008, 04:15 AM
JDM bigports ran low impedence injectors with no resistor pack
05-16-2008, 05:06 AM
Makes since now that I look at the loom and see no plug for the resistor pack.. I figured if it needed it it would have a plug for it.

I started and idled the engine ( no resistor pack wired up. Just jumping the yellow to the power at 'on' let it idle for a minute or so and shut it off. I then unbolted and pulled off the FPR and there was fuel behind it. it just doesnt seem to be going thru it for some reason still. The car is still bogging down even though the TPS was replaced. It did help alittle or so it seems but still bogging. Crying
05-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Did you resolve your fuel rail connection issues?

You really do need the toothed copper washer UNDER the banjo fitting for sufficient fuel to flow through
05-16-2008, 05:34 AM
parrot Wrote:Did you resolve your fuel rail connection issues?

You really do need the toothed copper washer UNDER the banjo fitting for sufficient fuel to flow through

No I have yet to find one... Parrot you wouldnt have a pic of one would you?.. And UNDER? shouldnt it go between the banjo fitting and the hood area of the damper?
05-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah... I read the other night that some 4AGE's ran a different version
of the ECU, that could drive low impedence injectors without needing a
ballast resistor. I also read that some versions of the 4AGE may actually
fire the injectors as two pairs 360 crankshaft degrees apart. This is
contrary to conventional wisdom that says all injectors fire together due
to pins 10 and 20 being bridged inside the ECU.

What I wasn't able to pick up was, which market/version of the 4AGE
had these features Confused

Cheers... jondee86

PS: I have a pulsation damper and copper washers on my spare engine.
I'll pull them off tomorrow and post a pic if it is still needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No idle below 2000 rpm rich running Steller Engineering 3 1,024 11-30-2022 02:45 PM
Last Post: RolanTHUNDER
  Red top in the ae86 gh0st 25 7,190 08-08-2022 08:43 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Running issues sam3007 6 2,133 06-26-2022 01:34 PM
Last Post: Dave W
  Replacing Top Windscreen Moulding chrisae86 2 1,536 06-18-2022 08:56 PM
Last Post: chrisae86
  4age 16v running roughly - diagnostics shows unknown code Ryo 8 6,075 11-09-2020 10:51 AM
Last Post: totta Crolla