Lowered car, i need help.
03-13-2006, 03:16 AM
Hi guys.
Just bought another one and a problable headache too Banging head .
The car came a bit lowered, but, it was suposed that the rear axle come off the perfect center??? I mean, the panhard bar may push a little bit for one of the sides, but 2 cm??? In the right side the top of the rear fender measures 4 cm in depht to the tire, the left just 2 cm!!!
The old owner maybe cuted the springs.
I just saw that when i was already in home. I hope its nothing serious, please tell me its not!!!

Anything else is near perfect, a little rusty points Hurray! ,... and... 320k on the clock... but kick ass Thumbs up! !!! I´ll post some pic´s for you guys.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Lowered car, i need help.]
Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
Find all posts by this user
03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey Lipinhu,

Most likely just some bad springs. Just swap the springs, maybe just lend the springs from a mate just so you can check if it solves your problem before buying new ones. Rear springs are easy to replace so...

But there are other possibilities.

As far as I know, the panhard rod only controlles the left to right position of the car, I don't think it can cause the left side to be lower then the right.

Hope it turns out to be a simple problem. Congrats on your new car thoughSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Huh, springs? The way i read it, the difference is in the left-right positioning of the axle under the car?..Springs can only influence that if both the left right position of the axle is uncentered and the rideheight differs from left to right.

Otherwise it might be a different or bent panhard rod..different offset rims, spacer on one side but not on the other, etc..

Might not be understanding the question completely though..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
03-13-2006, 10:13 AM
I've already seen and drove the car...

As far as i can see, the car doesn't seem to had suffered serious damage but... nothing like measuring the reference points up and down-side.

At my place, next Saturday if you like...

As mux said, we can try to change my car's springs by yours or even the rear axle...

It's a question of time and work...
03-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Lipinhu Wrote:Hi guys.
Just bought another one and a problable headache too Banging head .
The car came a bit lowered, but, it was suposed that the rear axle come off the perfect center??? I mean, the panhard bar may push a little bit for one of the sides, but 2 cm??? In the right side the top of the rear fender measures 4 cm in depht to the tire, the left just 2 cm!!!
The old owner maybe cuted the springs.
I just saw that when i was already in home. I hope its nothing serious, please tell me its not!!!

Anything else is near perfect, a little rusty points Hurray! ,... and... 320k on the clock... but kick ass Thumbs up! !!! I´ll post some pic´s for you guys.

My car has now same "feature".
On my old white one I made custom adjustable panhard rod and solved "the problem" and re-adjusted the center of the diff to match the chasis.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Oops, yeah I thought he was talking about ride height, not the position left vs right.

If the car is lowered alot then yes, a standard panhard rod is to long and you should make/buy/whatever one you that is shorter or adjustableSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
03-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Respect!
Whofff, Feeling much better now!!!

I think the car is lowered for about 3 cm´s. When you look at the car by any one of the sides, the wheels are perfect centred, but when you take a look from behind, the axle is way off to the left, the 2 or 3 cm´s i´ve talked about.

I´m updating my webpage, take a look in a few hours.

Cump´s
Filipe Oliveira
03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I've seen more cars that were lowered 3cm's, but the axle doesnt shift that much as far as i know. Just have a look underneath it, if something is wrong you'll notice it.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-13-2006, 11:31 PM
It's common by lowered ae86's, called the "infamous driver side lean".

How more you lower you hatchi how more it's leaning to one side, I
thought it was the driverside.

I know there where some topics on club4ag.

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119894

and also

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=130830
[/url]
03-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Perhaps showiing some pictures will convince people. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  KE70 - need your help! zemosh 2 5,041 03-19-2015 07:42 PM
Last Post: willy
  Need your help,looking for a rallcar thats looks like this ditn 17 19,331 04-11-2013 07:13 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Can any of our Japanese friends help with history on my car? Prime86 1 3,377 05-01-2011 01:50 PM
Last Post: Prime86
  need help identifying this rims Jango_Fett 7 7,521 09-04-2010 10:47 PM
Last Post: Apolan
  Whos the owner please help me i need to contact you adamsaiyad 10 11,009 05-04-2010 10:29 PM
Last Post: doggy