***Ksport*** What about theese coilovers? Cheap?
01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
so a quick calculation:

Coilover conv from T3 - 200$ (front)
CAmber plates T3 - 125$
Koni ae92 yellows front - ??? $
Koni yellows (ae92 too?) rear - ??? $
rear springs - ??? $
panhard rod - 120$ (t3)
some cutting and welding

can you please fill in the blank (???) spots.
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2007, 02:12 PM
http://www.technotoytuning.com/productdetail.php?p=558

Quote:CAmber plates T3 - 125$
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2007, 02:36 PM
robokill Wrote:all is allowed in the war for money.

I am seriously doubt the quality of these sets now that there are 3 brands with the same stuff.

I rather think of going Koni with shortstroke conversion than doing it any other way!

I have Koni sport in my car and Bilstein too, and Koni is a real SHIT! compare with Ksport, everybody know ksport and said her opinion but nobody prove it! curious Confused

When you buy Ksport coilovers you Know that the shock can work whit the minimun heigth of coilover spring (-7cm)... when you make a coilover conversion whit Koni Sport or Kayaba AGX or Tokiko Blues, all this shocks can't work whit less of 1,5" of the standard heigth (read the shock manual). I you down your car 2 or 3" you don't have warranty and probably crack your shocks in a few months.

I know this becase I had these cars, whit these shocks:
Fiat Uno turbo 118cv with Koni Sport and springs vogtland... 2 years
Nissan 200sx s13 with Kayaba AGX and springs Tein.... 1 year
AE86 whit Koni sport Rear and Bilstein Front whit OEM shocks.... 2 months
AE86 whit Ksport .... 8 months.

And Ksport are the best shocks that I prove it... ask for their opinion to a Ksport's owners.... i Know a lot of people and all are happy with their buy.

Regads

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - ***Ksport*** What about the...rs? Cheap?]
01-20-2007, 02:49 PM
abe your sounding like a sales man now. Koni's aren't fully adjustable making them for some stuff a less good suspension part but they are indestructable.

I would do:

T3 camber plates
T3 Advanced strut spacer tubes
TRD springs around
Koni yellow ae92 front (92 euro a piece here)
koni yellow ae86 rear (cut one bump stop)

Et voila there is a very nice suspension. At least the koni's will last!

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
01-20-2007, 03:08 PM
no no, I aren't a sales man but I disagree the opinions when they donĀ“t prove all the shocks....

Your set of suspension is nice, yes I know but I prefer Ksport and I proved the two shocks....

And I sorry don't want bother to anybody

Regards

01-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Abe, how can you possibly compare mixed and matched shocks on stock springs with a matched set on higher springrates. The springrates will make the car turn mutch more easily, be more responsive etc etc.

A truly well matched and designed setup will have high springrates (6+ fronts and 4+ rears) and STILL be comfortable around the streets. The car will NOT feel very stiff or bouncy. Try an Ohlins equipped car and you'll know how quality feels. In fact..the car will feel MORE comfortable then stock on ordinary roads, despite the springrates being 10 times stiffer then stock.

With that said, so far all the AE86 setups i've seen are ghetto stuff, with zero to no engineering done. Fine for track, but unbearable on the street.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
01-20-2007, 03:29 PM
NoHachi Wrote:Abe, how can you possibly compare mixed and matched shocks on stock springs with a matched set on higher springrates. The springrates will make the car turn mutch more easily, be more responsive etc etc.

Yes of course, is difficult and bad, compare mixed and matched shocks on stock springs with a matched set on higher springrates but this is better than compare a shock that you (not really you) never prove it! I only won't said this "if you never prove Ksport, how can compare it??"(not really you)

And yes, ohlins are the best is a 15 in a 0-10 points escale but are very expensive.... 3 ways are the king Tongue

But in a standard price I think D2/Ksport/G4 is the better cuality/cheap option for a good suspension to RoadRacing/Trackdays/drift.... but yes they are less confortable.

Regards

01-20-2007, 04:16 PM
So if the ohlins are so good, why doesnt anybody look into their settings. its all bound, rebound and springrate. i mean cant anybody get theese features in numbers, then just set your shocks the same. And i feel that what you said NoHachi is the complete truth. You can have very high springrates and shocks, but matched well they would feel much more natural than any 3-2 kg/mm setup matched with some wierd set of shocks..

So in the end, the most important thing is to choose some normal quality parts, that would preform consistently and reliably, match them together well and set up apropriatelly. Now lets make such a set with money in mind, wrap it in some fancy paper, put our logo on it and we'll have a killer aeu86 shop item. Thumbs up!
01-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Apolan Wrote:So if the ohlins are so good, why doesnt anybody look into their settings.

because not is a problem of settigs, is a problem of shock intern structure,

1 way / 1,5 way / 2 Way / 3 way

Regards

01-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Yes and no Abe, 3 way is more of an disadvantage then an advantage. Usually you set them right and don't touch them much after that. Ohlins without adjustments are still far far better then 99% of the stuff out there. The difference is in the engineering, quality of materials, design and, most importantly, many upon many hours of testing them on a full car suspension rig and testtracks.(btw, i have never heard of 1.5way adjustable shocks).

That also answers the question of apardal. Just copying settings isn't going to work..One shock is not the other..there is a universe of technical details out there that you couldn't imagine. Thats why i'm not all over the K-sport set yet. And theres definately more then bound and rebound...at what shockspeed do you want what bound/rebound, at what piston displacement, at what temp? How will you ensure that the damper produces the same forces across all temperature ranges etc etc..

Not that that matters, most people already fuck up the very basics of suspension design. Robokills setup above is a good example of that. Lots and lots to learn people. I'll try and help some by explaining and taking photographs when I setup the trueno,

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carina drivers! - Coilovers for a TA60/62 nyberrg 2 5,569 06-05-2017 10:03 AM
Last Post: nyberrg
  Fitting driftworks CS2 coilovers bozu 2 4,260 05-30-2017 10:50 AM
Last Post: bozu
  D2 Coilovers any good? heshan 18 24,311 04-04-2017 02:40 AM
Last Post: hachirokkos
  Has anyone tried BC Racing coilovers? AlexKTM 9 11,031 09-05-2016 12:28 PM