Jauce.com service to buy on Yahoo Auction Japan
07-01-2022, 11:53 AM
Today, after evaluating this service for a while, i want to talk about Jauce.com.

What is it? Basically a proxy service that allow you to see, and bid in real time on Yahoo Auction Japan, with some limitation.

How does it work? You just have to visit Jauce.com and you can immediatly start to search for item on Yahoo Auction Japan, Rakuten, Amazon JP, Yahoo JP Shopping and Jauce store. As for now i've only used the service for Yahoo Auction. You don't have to register in order to just watch the auction. For the registration you can create a dedicated account or sing in with your Google account or even Facebook, Twitter and PayPal.

Here is an example of how you see the auction page:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Jauce.com service to buy on...tion Japan]
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Jauce.com service to buy on...tion Japan]

In the first picture is the main interface that allow you to look at item picture, see how the time left, if there are already bid on the item (and the amount), add to the watch list and place the bid in almost real time. Keep in mind that the site it's not very fast, and often time the page and the operation take some time to load, we talk about 10 seconds max, not crazy stuff but relatively slow with today internet connection.

If you want to place a bid, the first thing you should do is add some money to the account. This can be made from the "Make a deposit" button in your account page, or when you click on the "Place a Bid" button and don't have enough money. It will let you deposit the money and return to the auction page. You can use PayPal as payment method, and you have some unused money on the Jauce account you can get it back always on PayPal. As stated above, the PayPal transiction and specially the bidding could take some time, just be patience.

Once you placed the bid you just have to wait to the end on the auction. Be aware of the auction with the time extension. If you want Jauce also offer a "Snipe bid" that basically place the bid before the last five minute of the auction, but i found out that it's not very effective, at least on AE86 related stuff.

You will find often some items with the "Junk" banner or that are blocked.
For the junk item, it's just the system that if detect the junk word in the description will warn you, but the seller often use the junk word to not have complaint since the item are used.
The blocked auction are another thing. An auction can be blocked for several reason like, too big to be posted, item may not be shipped (like airbag unit that are too expensive) or simply an error of the automatic system. You can request to unblock the auction and if the item it's small or was a system error they would unlock with no question. If it is a big item they could ask you an estimate on the dimension and weight, just so you don't have a bad surprise when it come to pay for the shipping.

You won the auction! Now what? They will charge you some fee for winning the auction (but i think it's a proper tax in Japan, it's not the site), and the item will be shipped to the Jauce warehouse and keep in store for 60 days for free (you can extend the storage with a small fee). When the item arrive they will also charge you for the shipping fee from the seller to the warehouse. You can go negative with the balance, it's not a problem for them and you can pay everything with one last final deposit when you book the international shipping.

In every steps of the process you will receive email like, if someone outbid you, when you are the highest bidder, when you have won the auction, when the item arrive to the warehouse.

Jauce offer basically two kind of international shipping, the fast and pricey one with DHL and the cheapest and slower one with surface shipping.
As today i've used for 3 times DHL and one surface shipping (for a door card)
In the shipping page you can select what item ship with an estimate of the cost of both kind of shipment. If you send only small item the estimate it's pretty accurate, in case of big item it can change a lot.
They also offer the "Smart packing" option the let ship multiple item toghete saving space and money. Another great feature is that you can adjust the invoice amount as you prefer, reducing by a lot the exportation tax for your country.
A couple of example of the cost:

Door card (1000 yen) with surface shipping around 50-60 euros + the custom fee that i have not received yet.

Transmission mount+metal support, a couple of little plastic piece (foot rest piece) shipped withi DHL, around 60-70 euro, + custom fee to be added.

I've shipped also two rear quarter hatch glass, they both arrived in perfect condition, but the shipment was very pricey, around 250 euro.
Jauce have top notch service regarding packing stuff, no complaint at all.

For now i'm pretty satisfied with the service, and i was able to retrieve some good offer for little money, but i'd advise to use this service mostly for small parts, since for bigger parts it can turn out in a bad experience on the money side.

Let me know if you have any question or you if want more detail about the service!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
07-01-2022, 01:48 PM
This seems exactly the same service as Buyee.
I used Buyee succesfully last year as I don't have a Japanese creditcard or bank account to use on Yahoo auctions.
Paypal worked brilliantly and ship to The netherlands was 4 days after I confirmed consolidation of auctions won
07-01-2022, 02:29 PM
(07-01-2022 01:48 PM)r.ave Wrote:  This seems exactly the same service as Buyee.
I used Buyee succesfully last year as I don't have a Japanese creditcard or bank account to use on Yahoo auctions.
Paypal worked brilliantly and ship to The netherlands was 4 days after I confirmed consolidation of auctions won

Yes it should be very similar to Buyee and other proxy service! I've just seen that Buyee let you ship also big item such as bumper, for an insane price, but at least you can. I will try to use Buyee as well, just to find the best service, thanks for the suggestion! Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  27 litre Merlin-engined car auction Power_uP 6 4,114 02-05-2024 10:16 AM
Last Post: banpei
  Looks like Yahoo Auctions is off limits now Power_uP 13 4,627 06-14-2022 04:22 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Hilarious Yahoo Auctions guy from 2004 Power_uP 3 4,420 01-04-2020 04:44 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Anyone visited Japan? Power_uP 19 11,127 05-19-2019 09:40 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  looking for a cheap pallet service: UK to Belgium Bean 3 5,514 06-18-2010 04:32 PM
Last Post: Bean