JDM Digital dash question
04-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Hi guys, I've just imported an AE86 from Japan which has the digital dash display. Does anyone know if you can switch between it displaying KMH and MPH? The reason I ask is when you look closely at the digital display you can see the letters MPH above the illuminated KMH letters and I know on some other cars you can switch between the two.
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Hi Natt. People seem to swap to the analogue guages and that requires new sensors etc, never heard of anyone converting the digital dash. PM myKKK on this forum, he is converting to analogue.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - JDM Digital dash question]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2005, 06:17 PM
I have now pulled the display completely apart and it looks like it has been designed to display in either KMH or MPH. I just can't figure out how to make it change from one to the other. I know on a Honda S2000 you can do it by pressing a button on the dash board but the only button that does anything on this is for the fuel guage. Usually on something like this th ciruit board has jumper switches that you can change but I can't see any on it.
04-09-2005, 06:56 PM
AFAIK you can convert it with a mechanical speedo changer, but the display will still say that its km/h. Thats what I have read on club4ag..so =/

The only way would be to do this, or do what I'm gonna do and swap it to the analog dash!

Let me know if anyone wants to buy my digital dash, I will be selling it with all the sensors needed to convert it. Big Grin

Trueno for sale!
04-09-2005, 07:45 PM
No switch is present to change to MPH, though if the board is the same as an MA61 Supra then there will be a gate on the circuit to bridge.

The MA61 has two switches - one for the fuel scale and the other for the speedo units... the JDM AE86 digi unit has only the fuel scale switch.
04-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Will!

Trueno for sale!
04-10-2005, 01:11 AM
i read somewhere that there is a switsh on the back.

i really want that digital display !

regards/
.............kristian

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2005, 01:55 AM
Kristian, perhaps when I have swapped mine, you will be interested in buying mine? Let me know if you will be interested, should be in a months time before I get things done.

Let me know.

Of course you don't need to change it from km/h Thumbs up!

Trueno for sale!
04-11-2005, 10:28 AM
mykkk Wrote:Kristian, perhaps when I have swapped mine, you will be interested in buying mine? Let me know if you will be interested, should be in a months time before I get things done.

Let me know.

Of course you don't need to change it from km/h Thumbs up!

Are you taking digital dash out and putting analogue in? I think I would rather have analogue. Is it a case of just swapping them over or are the wiring looms different?
04-11-2005, 07:11 PM
The wiring looms are different. Make sure if you buy one from someone, that they give you the wiring loom too. Otherwise it will be a pain in the ass to fabricate one up. The wiring is also completely different but I have the wiring diagrams for this. Let me know if you need this.

Lastly and most expensive of all, you need the new sensors that would be compatible with the analog gauge.
The prices I have for these so far.

Oil Pressure switch - £38
Fuel Sender gauge - £66

Huh

I'll post pictures when I do the conversion.

Edit: Also make sure that if you get hold of a gauge cluster that it is made for RHD!

Trueno for sale!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digital Dash evfan42 188 242,836 01-08-2023 10:44 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Digital speedometer on stock dashboard FanIsHere 0 921 11-09-2022 01:36 PM
Last Post: FanIsHere
  Dash Waning Lights pack 7 3,137 10-06-2021 01:00 PM
Last Post: pack
  Newb question on "how-to" guide for ITBs on JDM 4AG Bluetop w/ MAP mister86 12 9,526 02-10-2020 06:39 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Trueno Digital dash kph to mph Bojack 3 6,148 11-21-2018 12:27 AM
Last Post: kazi