Is AE86 pop-up lights Legal in EURO?
04-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Here in the USA states we only gotten the Pop-up lights for our AE86 cars.
But In European markey gotten only the Levin headlights.

There is a demand for the Levin front ends here since it looks more smoother than most. Also it looks so nice with the coupes.

Is there a law or something that wouldn't allow you guys to have pop-uo lights for your cars? I try to search it online and gotten not clear answers.

I personally love the Pop-lights for AE86. But I have a coupe and I love the levin look.
I wish I can trade someone of my set of pop-up lights for their Levin set up.

East Coast Toyota
http://ectoyotas.com/forum/index.ph

Club4AG
http://www.club4ag.com/
Find all posts by this user
04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
i can only speak for CH, where i can say for sure that swapping to pop-up lights would cost a fortune to do legally.

But the pop-up's from an US spec ae86 could probably be done, because they're LHD as well. Still, an expensive process to do by the book.

I would actually trade you for headlights, fenders, etc. from my levin, but I don't have the stock toyota front bumper (i got that 'german' bodykit, forgot how it was called) .. also, i need the car to be more or less street legal, which it would not be anymore with pop up lights. Sad
04-21-2008, 10:25 AM
Here we are ok with pop-up lights!!!
Look at my converted Trueno !!!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
04-21-2008, 11:40 AM
No problems here either, only on new cars they are no longer allowed because people could get killed by them in an accidentSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-21-2008, 02:16 PM
no problems with pop up lights in the uk

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Is AE86 pop-up lights Legal in EURO?]
04-21-2008, 04:35 PM
I think the reason for Levin only was based upon marketing strategy, not upon safety. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Is AE86 pop-up lights Legal in EURO?]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2008, 06:55 AM
The weirdest thing with people from across the world, is that I would love a Levin front and you want a trueno one. FUNNY.

Fully Restored 1985 Corolla GT-S
1987 328ci SR20DET Drift Car
1989 Honda Civic Si-R Current Project
2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

http://www.TheTunerSource.com
04-24-2008, 09:30 AM
I do love to get a Levin front end
I specially love the fog light that was right next to the headlights in the grill center.

Don't get me wrong. I do love my Pop-up lights.

East Coast Toyota
http://ectoyotas.com/forum/index.ph

Club4AG
http://www.club4ag.com/
04-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I think here in Slovak republic you can get anythink for money so and mostly there is no record for pop up headlights in technical data. But the best question is can you register imported AE86 as a car here? Well i am in middle of do that but i am sure it can't be done without stick some amount of money in pocket of the MOT technician.
Not sure why here it works this way because we are in EU now but that's the way of thinking people here on some mot they will tell you here that you just cant register old cars here but the new law tell you that from 1.1.2008 we must respect the rules of the EU. Well still i think it's not working that way.
It's quite funny but the cars driving here mostly for years from 1987 or sooner dates have no cat emissions a lot wors than any hachi roku but still driving without problems. I think they wanna secretly regulate how much older cars can get register here in Slovak republic so we are not scrapyard here.

It is almost 2 years now i have mine hachi roku parked in garage and being depressed that it cant be done street legal Crying Crying Crying because of our law. I hoped some day it can be happened i hope it will be done.

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
AZNWOKZ Wrote:Here in the USA states we only gotten the Pop-up lights for our AE86 cars.
But In European markey gotten only the Levin headlights.

There is a demand for the Levin front ends here since it looks more smoother than most. Also it looks so nice with the coupes.

Is there a law or something that wouldn't allow you guys to have pop-uo lights for your cars? I try to search it online and gotten not clear answers.

I personally love the Pop-lights for AE86. But I have a coupe and I love the levin look.
I wish I can trade someone of my set of pop-up lights for their Levin set up.

Here we only got the Levin front and I have to agree with you it looks great on coupes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AEU86 Euro map ZaX 120 104,452 08-11-2008 08:49 AM
Last Post: banpei
  Wanted: Exploded view of Trueno pop up light arrangement. hachirokuGTV 4 4,947 04-11-2008 02:50 AM
Last Post: parrot
  Euro tour summer 05 JonT 44 34,480 04-09-2005 11:31 PM
Last Post: ae86
  Euro Meet 2005 ? KristianAE86 86 72,747 02-10-2005 10:45 AM
Last Post: Dorito86