Help with brakes needed! FIXED
08-24-2009, 03:26 AM
-Mister2- Wrote:Hello everyone!

So to my problem. Last night I was driving and suddenly my brakes faded and pedal went straight to the floor. I thought my brakefluid had leaked out somewhere, but no. Brakefluid tank was full. I Have almost new pads front and rear too. What could cause this? Any ideas? Banging head

DID U FEEL a hit in ur foot when the pedal went straight to the floor?

i had this kind of problem but it showed just a few times
and happened ito my AE101 with ABS assisted ,btw the ABS light just once lighted up
then i remove the negative from the BAT and lighted off
but the problem still there beside i remove the code from the ECU

i never fixed the problem,and was scary when i was drving
and just happened when i drive the vehicule a few blocks from my garage ,then i pumped the pedal and no more problems.

i felt a hit in my foot through all the system and the pedal go straight to the floor

i thought it was some bubbles in the system but nop
so ,, a break expert told me to chek from head to toe,chek the booster is well bolted,change the brake fluid,chek the inner seals of the master (if is neccesary)and etc but no the ABS that i asume is the main prob
but i dont have time to study the AE101 manual and service the ABS i dont have experience in ABS. Hurray! Hurray!

ur car is not ABS assited ,so i think is easier to fix.

hope this help

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Help with brakes needed! FIXED]
Find all posts by this user
08-24-2009, 03:04 PM
sergiocharged Wrote:
-Mister2- Wrote:Hello everyone!

So to my problem. Last night I was driving and suddenly my brakes faded and pedal went straight to the floor. I thought my brakefluid had leaked out somewhere, but no. Brakefluid tank was full. I Have almost new pads front and rear too. What could cause this? Any ideas? Banging head

DID U FEEL a hit in ur foot when the pedal went straight to the floor?

i had this kind of problem but it showed just a few times
and happened ito my AE101 with ABS assisted ,btw the ABS light just once lighted up
then i remove the negative from the BAT and lighted off
but the problem still there beside i remove the code from the ECU

i never fixed the problem,and was scary when i was drving
and just happened when i drive the vehicule a few blocks from my garage ,then i pumped the pedal and no more problems.

i felt a hit in my foot through all the system and the pedal go straight to the floor

i thought it was some bubbles in the system but nop
so ,, a break expert told me to chek from head to toe,chek the booster is well bolted,change the brake fluid,chek the inner seals of the master (if is neccesary)and etc but no the ABS that i asume is the main prob
but i dont have time to study the AE101 manual and service the ABS i dont have experience in ABS. Hurray! Hurray!

ur car is not ABS assited ,so i think is easier to fix.

hope this help

Thanks to everyone for helping out. Smile

I didn't feel any kind of hit when the pedal went to the floor. I went very smoothly to the end. There is just no feel what so ever when the car is running.
08-24-2009, 04:04 PM
-Mister2- Wrote:
totta Crolla Wrote:After the pedal went to the floor did it pump back up again ?
It it did was it a good pedal when cold ?
The system is split front to rear, have you tested that both systems work ?
Yeah the pedal pumps back up. What do you mean by testing both systems?
For safety the brake system is split, front and rear. The idea being that if one system fails, a front brakehose splits for example then the rear system will work independantly of it ensuring you can still stop.
For your pedal to go to the floor, both systems must have failed, either together, very rare, or one system was inneficient already (rear ??) and as a result you have overheated the front.
It is not uncommon for '86 calipers to bind on the sliders, not generally noticeable when the brakes are cold but when they heat up they expand, bind the pads on and boil the fluid. The easiest way to check for this is to take the car out on a run, apply the brakes a few times and then drive a couple of Kilometers without using the brakes, roll to a stop without the brakes, get out of the car and feel the wheels, they should all be cold.

An analogue brain in a digital World
08-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Fixed !!
Wanna tell us all how you did it then ?? Tongue

An analogue brain in a digital World
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Look my first post. I edited it there. Smile